Monitors Advice regarding dual monitor stand.

abmr2d2

Disciple
Needed suggestions/advice regarding monitor stands.
I recently got a second monitor making my setup a dual dell 24" inch monitor setup. Currently both of the monitors are kept on the desk on their own original stands which support swivel, tilt and height adjustments. Both monitors are VESA 100 cm compliant. The stands take up space on the desk and make it look a little cluttered so am thinking of going for a dual monitor stand. I need height, swivel and tilt adjustments in the stand. The names I came across are Sunon, Amazon Basics, Jin. The Amazon basics one is cheaper at around 3k but keeps both the monitors at the same horizontal level, no individual height adjustment of monitors possible. The Sunon one looks good and provides different horizontal levels for the monitors but is expensive around 6.5k. The Jin one has gas springs and is available for around 6K
Amazon Basics Dual Monitor Stand
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B076B3Q8JR
Sunon Dual monitor Stand
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08SQT7HY4/
Jin Dual monitor stand
https://www.jin.net.in/product/dual-monitor-table-stand/

Can anyone share any recommendations/suggestions/owner experiences so that I can make an informed decision?

Any suggestions anyone?
I have a single monitor stand so I can answer generic questions towards such but can't comment on dual monitor ones.
The amazon basics one looks fine (I've had good exp with amazon basics in general), so if your use case does not require setting monitors at different heights, that should do the trick for you
Didn't see your post before bump. Thanks @abhishekr700. My use case needs independent height adjustments, also one monitor may be tilted to a vertical position once in a while so independent height adjustments are necessary. Looks like I'll have to go with something like the stand from Jin.

Last edited:
I have a single monitor stand so I can answer generic questions towards such but can't comment on dual monitor ones.
The amazon basics one looks fine (I've had good exp with amazon basics in general), so if your use case does not require setting monitors at different heights, that should do the trick for you

Any suggestions anyone?

Didn't see your post before bump. Thanks @abhishekr700. My use case needs independent height adjustments, also one monitor may be tilted to a vertical position once in a while so independent height adjustments are necessary. Looks like I'll have to go with something like the stand from Jin.
You could also go with 2 single monitor stands, more flexibility !
Mount them at the extremes of your table and you can use both independently.
Would require twice the initial effort though

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a superb dual monitor table mountable mount. I bought it abroad, and it has 2 separate arms with hydraulic movements. Moves easily and just stays in place. Also has an ability to rotate each monitor 90 degrees. Am travelling though and cant post pics till next week. I paid 125 dollars plus shipping to India. Landed cost was about 175 dollars. If you are ointerested let me know. I'll sell at cost price - 175 dollars.

This is the one

I have a superb dual monitor table mountable mount. I bought it abroad, and it has 2 separate arms with hydraulic movements. Moves easily and just stays in place. Also has an ability to rotate each monitor 90 degrees. Am travelling though and cant post pics till next week. I paid 125 dollars plus shipping to India. Landed cost was about 175 dollars. If you are ointerested let me know. I'll sell at cost price - 175 dollars.

This is the one

Thanks @deepakvrao . That looks like a sturdy stand and can handle both my monitors but it is a little out of my budget.

This is the one I use (Lion's Head). When I purchased it, there were no reviews; I decided to try it since they were offering an 800rs coupon, so got it for around 4700. But its a good unit even with the current retail price.

Its strong, stable and easy to adjust. I use the second arm with a laptop as a standing desk alternative. Interesting tidbit- I called customer care to request for a second laptop VESA mount and they connected me to Jin's main branch in Chennai. So it looks like Jin and Lion head are operating under the same hood (but their respective dual monitor arms have different designs). They also sent the mount for a lower price.

Amazon didn't show this one in the results when I searched. Thanks @agentmilo . It looks sturdy as you mentioned and is currently retailing for 5500/-. The video on the amazon product page shows the second vesa mount as a part of the kit. How much did they charge for the second vesa mount?

I don't remember the exact amount- but it was in the 1.5k range.
The video on the amazon product page shows the second vesa mount as a part of the kit.
Yes, one mount is part of the kit. I just got the second one since I have to use 2 work laptops. Just note that its better to have a separate keyboard tray / riser since typing on the laptop while mounted on the arm is a wobbly experience. Otherwise its fine.

I'd say even for 5.5k its a good deal since you also get the laptop mount. I guess I must've been the first customer, since the seller called me to ask how the product was.

Back