Graphic Cards Advice regarding purchase of latest graphics card for my pc.

bbsr

Disciple
hi frnds am from orissa,i want advice to choose between 9400,9500, 9800 or any other nvidia 1gb card (as here AMD cards are not easily available) with price less than 6-7k.

my config;

frontech passion atx cabinet,400w smps, asrock G41 motherboard,
2gb ddr3 ram,500gb hard disk, core 2duo processor,
1920*1080 resolution monitor.

so somebody pls advc which gpu can play nearly all the latest games on my pc without damaging my system.

Don't buy locally.Buy online,but just confirm about their DOA policy,before you buy.

And what power supply (PSU) are you using?If thats the one that came with the frontech passion.Most probably the first step is to go for a good PSU first.

Just wait for other members,they will help you regarding this.

And welcome to TE once again.We appreciate your staying here :)

Get a decent psu first - Fsp Saga 350 watt or Corsair CX400 watt. Then get a second hand graphics card locally or online for your system. Try to find a 9800GT or GTS 250.

Go for the corsair CX 400 or a bit higher would be even better.This is the first step to gaming.If you got any doubts,you can ask.With that price range ATI would be way better value for money.

I'm not very confident about couriering gfx cards. do you know anyone in kolkata? you should be able to get ati cards for decent rates there...

greenhorn said:
I'm not very confident about couriering gfx cards. do you know anyone in kolkata? you should be able to get ati cards for decent rates there...

Looks like he's here just to know about new gfx cards rather than buying them.

am not here for a joke, and i dont intend to trouble others for no reason,had been out of station so could not follow.

anyway i want to purchase gpu from local market for warranty purpose,,,and my system is just 3mths old.so
i dont want to throw away anything. my smps is 400w zebronics..so after reading all replies am confused whether
i should go for a nice gpu for gaming purpose or should settle with a mild gpu just to enhance the graphics for movie purpose.

also had gone through NVIDIA website,but could not find anything satisfactory.for ex 9400gt (512 mb) needs 350w so accordingly
what will be the power requirement of 1gb. had been to various local dealers and according to them i can use a 9400,9500 1gb gpu
without any problem.

am not here for a joke, and i dont intend to trouble others for no reason,had been out of station so could not follow.

anyway i want to purchase gpu from local market for warranty purpose,,,and my system is just 3mths old.so

i dont want to throw away anything. my smps is 400w zebronics..so after reading all replies am confused whether

i should go for a nice gpu for gaming purpose or should settle with a mild gpu just to enhance the graphics for movie purpose.

also had gone through NVIDIA website,but could not find anything satisfactory.for ex 9400gt (512 mb) needs 350w so accordingly

what will be the power requirement of 1gb. had been to various local dealers and according to them i can use a 9400,9500 1gb gpu

without any problem.

ok you have said for corsair 400w and i have zebronics 400w ,so whats the real difference.

and if i go for a nice GPU with above configuration ,will the gpu underperform or it may damage the system

bbsr said:
ok you have said for corsair 400w and i have zebronics 400w ,so whats the real difference.

and if i go for a nice GPU with above configuration ,will the gpu underperform or it may damage the system

^^ Okay the main difference is Corsair CX 400W is a proper SMPS while the Zebronics model is a shifty piece.

The problem with going with a decent graphic card is it needs a decent SMPS, otherwise it'll under-perform and might even harm your system to the point that it might become a Ramlila ka Raavan going up in flames with a bang, so recommended you get a decent SMPS, preferably --

FSP Saga II 400W ~ 1900/-

Corsair CX 400W ~ 2600/-

Seasonic S12II 430W ~ 3000/-

if these are unavailable locally procure a piece from THE ITWares [relevant links] -- TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!CORSAIR CMPSU-400CX 400W ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified SMPS / TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!SeaSonic S12II 430 430W ATX12V V2.3/EPS12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply / TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!FSP Saga II 400W Power Supply - TheITWares.

After getting this SMPS suggest you get the

AMD HD 6670 ~ 5500/- OR nVidia GT 240 ~ ???.

@bbsr

If you really don't want to change your Zebronics SMPS at present try to get a GT240 or HD5670 not anything further than that.

Those card has no external power connectors and suck low power only from PCI-E slot..

@bbsr.. correct.. but if its local zebronics 400w then please avoid.. ( platinum series are better ) If you are looking for Corsair CX 400, you can PM me :)

@bbsr

Ideally you should have come here 3 months ago when you were in process of buying your current system. How much did you shell out for your system BTW? I'm "guessing" a figure of around 20k~22k (including the FullHD monitor & speakers)?

Spending this much & not having a GPU & a decent PSU = Waste of money literally.

yaa i got it for 24.5k, had no pc at that time hence so no internet, and also believed the local dealer.(as i had told him that in a month or two i will go for GPU)

ok another thing the minimum gpu required is a 1gb one right . now i shall compare all d cards suggested by u all ,over d internet and then decide..

Most of the cards are all 1GB even if it is the lowest end card of any series.

Like there is almost most no performance difference between a 1GB 9400GT and 512MB 9400GT but you will find only the price difference.

Actually 512MB is hard to find these days.

Back