Budget 21-30k advice to upgrade or not.

klk

Disciple
guys confused a lot coz of new releases and things about new products which might launch

current config
i5-2400
sniper m3 z77
asus 660ti dc2t
seasonic 620w
ram 4gb

I was thinking to upgrade to i7-3770k - reason because its 3rd gen and 5th gen will launch soon , As I'm buying already 3rd why not to go for i7 instead of i5-3570k (suggestions welcomed)

and soon till next year there are rumors that ddr4 ram will be coming so upgrading processor and mobo for a year and half or maybe 2 doesn't seems good to me instead i would just go with 3770k and be happy

so my personal thoughts are going for i7 and buying 4gb*2 kit ram
and maybe sell my card and buy 770 or 860 if it launches soon (this is off topic just a plan not serious)

So tell me your suggestion do you guys think i should sell whole setup and upgrade to 4th gen i5 or buy 3gen proccy and use system for coming year then plan upgrade .

Also if i buy i5 after maybe you guys suggest that or i7 , As i would overclock, as it can be would stock cooler be sufficient ??

As i don't have budget for a good cooler if i don't overclock for a month or 2 would it be ok if i use stock cooler or its necessary to buy a good cooler , I was thinking about corsair h40 as it comes 4k , if not suggest any good cooler under 4k.

gaming movies and internet surfing songs , the system stays on 24*7 hardly turns it off torrent ;) , more into gaming for gaming i5 is enough i know that i choose i7 just because its 3rd gen and don't wanna upgrade for atleast 2 years
and a little Photoshop , video making for fun not daily

I think your current config is good enough for usage you have mentioned. I would recommend to add one more stick of 4GB. May be after next gen of proccys depending on the performance gain, you can upgrade, till then save up.

Back