Advise on Cognizant IT Infra Services Dept

flash23

Adept
I am placed in Cognizant and I am a BE E&TC UoPune 2012 pass-out.

A Couple a days back I got an email from CTS asking me to come for some linguistic discussion at their Hinjewadi office in Pune. From what I have heard these calls are for placing the guys in their IT infrastructural services ITIS dept. most of the information ie inputs from other inductees on fb pages, I found biased and confusing and I don't have the slightest of clues of what it is and how different, good or bad is it from the regular IT field.

Also I am concerned about the future prospects, since it is my first job.

I will be very grateful if anyone working in the organisation can clarify my doubts as soon as possible since they have called me on 24th Saturday.

Thanks.

Infosys has delayed join dates for 2012 pass outs. They have given dates as late as Aug 2013 for May 2012 pass outs. So keep that in mind too before choosing it.
And there has been no hike in Infy this Mar 2012. Though they have announced hike in Oct 2012 it still haven't reflected in their pay and the % is meager.
You might also end up with a support project in infosys too. There is no guarantee you will get a development project.

Have some mates in Infy, earlier they were given joining date of first week of May and they have postponed it to June. Very sad.
Glad I didnt choose Infy.
Cognizant assured that everyone considered for the support dept will be given a choice whether to join it or go along with the mainstream.
Cognizant is final, and hoping to join in December.

ITIS is L1 Support + some L2 support work. Which means its a little better than Call Centers and below AVM Support Projects (L2+L3).

You can probably google ITIL to get some idea about levels of support.

quixand thanks for the information. Got the same info from the CTS HR.
Most the guys didnt accept the offer to work in this dept. I think waiting for mainstream IT is well worth the wait.

Though I am not joining that dept just for knowledge, are the guys in that dept given step motherly treatment?

Back