Budget 71-90K Advise on M1 8gb or 16gb

Thank you everyone for your responses. I finally settled for an 8GB m1 as this will primarily be used for office use, so it did not make much sense. Also could not extend the budget.
Makes sense. Also note that these extra 20k each you spend for RAM and SSD won't scale up when reselling. The base model will fetch you the best resale value as a %cost.

Makes sense. Also note that these extra 20k each you spend for RAM and SSD won't scale up when reselling. The base model will fetch you the best resale value as a %cost.
Don't agree with that.
Infact upgraded version specialy RAM will give better value when reselling.
For Base models there are many options to buy from but upgraded are exclusive to Apple and most people will prefer upgraded RAM for more future and heavy tasks usage.

It is the other way around. The base model has the worst resale value because it is available everywhere with cc discounts. 16 GB is available only on Apple site so the upgrade upscales very well and fetch really good resale value.

Don't agree with that.
Infact upgraded version specialy RAM will give better value when reselling.
For Base models there are many options to buy from but upgraded are exclusive to Apple and most people will prefer upgraded RAM for more future and heavy tasks usage.
You are right. I stand corrected.
I was talking about 3 years from now when the model is not going to be officially sold.
Something he got for 80k might fetch him 40k, but 114k might not fetch him 57k is what I had meant. I'd wager that still holds true for the SSD upgrade because an external SSD is easy to get, but yes - 8GB of RAM is certainly not going to hold up.

Back