After Airtel whats the best in Bangalore ?

saROMan

Disciple
Hi, due to FUP will like to part with my 1.5 yrs old Airtel Connection and move on to next best. after hunting a bit found 3 players operating in Bangalore whose plans suite my needs.

BB Home UL 750 from BSNL :bleh:

Either Surf Addiction 300 OR Night Booster Zoom 1 from Reliance Broadnet

Also came across a unknown ISP Rail wire offering 512 Kbps @ 620 Rs/PM

I would like to ask the existing users to share there experience to help me choose from the above plans.

Railwire is awesome but you need to understand that railwire is always 1:4 shared. This can work to your advantage and disadvantage as well. But one issue with railwire is that they dont offer their services in all areas.

Say you have a 1 Mbps line, technically it is shared between 4 connections.. effectively making it a 256kbps line. But say the load on the line is less or somneone is not using their internet, that part of the share gets divided equally between all the connections, atleast thats what i have observed with railwire.

SoMxNemesis said:
Say you have a 1 Mbps line, technically it is shared between 4 connections.. effectively making it a 256kbps line. But say the load on the line is less or somneone is not using their internet, that part of the share gets divided equally between all the connections, atleast thats what i have observed with railwire.
so technically if i opt for 512kbps connection ..i will get approx 128kbps but still pay for 512 kbps :S
@buBleZ i also feel Reliance seems to have a good plan.

Any one using the BSNl plan ?

Yep. Thats exactly what im saying. But think of it this way, if the load on your line is less you get 100% advantage of what connection you take. The speeds are pretty good and its cost effective.

Bsnl is ok. Horrible-horrible customer service, i was with bsnl till i shifted to airtel a few months ago(luckily). But id say that bsnl service is area dependant to quite an extent. Some areas receive fairly good service some dont. Be sure to ask around in your area if you are opting for bsnl.

Tata Indicom Broadband service is also an option. But im unaware of how good or bad they are.

If you are ok with a Wifi Connection, i guess you can try and get in touch with Tikona.

Btw i dont think the FUP applies for older connections, as far as i know the FUP applies for the newer connections.. ( from june 2010 ). I checked with airtel my fup is still at 100Gb.

How is YOU telecomm service in bangalore?......Back in baroda it provided me with excellent service and their plans are good enough too
for 699 you get 256kbps day and 1mbps night(10pm-8am) unltd plan.
If it's same in bangalore I would go for same.

RS4 said:
When it comes to contention ratio, Reliance broadband is even worse, they have a contention ratio of 1:8 :bleh: for broadband. check out the following link from their official website:

Welcome to Reliance Communications
reliance speeds never drop below what they promise though. in fact, it's usually about 10% higher than what the plan says. the only time the speeds are low is when there is something wrong with the connection or network and you can ask them to fix it. in normal service, your speed will never drop below the plan speed due to higher loads.

They should start local loop un bundling in India ASAP.Its so awesome here shifting from ISP to ISP my home number remains same, no cabling required.

Ways of treatment of a prostatitis

http://www.hemorrhoids.hemorrhoidno.com/hemroids-home-treatment1.htmll]Ways of treatment of a prostatitis[/url]
Treatment of a prostatitis by broth from the Red Root
25 gramme. The crushed root to fill in 1 l. Boiled water to insist 1 hour per a thermos and to drink as tea on 3 times a day
before meal on 1/3 glasses. It is possible to use with honey and milk. Such tea - best of folk remedies from a prostatitis.
Also tea helps will consult to an organism with many infectious diseases (cold, a flu, a genyantritis, etc.), and simply
possesses pleasant taste.
Treatment by tincture (balm) from the Red Root

Back