After Warhead its time for Crysis Wars!

ajex

Adept
crysis_wars_logo_black_tp_forum.png

Gametrailers.com - Crysis Wars Trailer by Hagbard

Gametrailers.com - Crysis Wars: First Gameplay Trailer by ChiddaPotta

in-game : Crysis Wars - Xfire Video

The budget-priced standalone Crysis expansion pack, Crysis Warhead, includes a revamped multiplayer component called Crysis Wars. To date we've known very little about the included enhancements, though no more, thanks to Crytek's fourth community update:

Crysis Wars: In-Depth Information

With Crysis Wars as a different game included in the Warhead box we want to establish a new franchise that is all about multiplayer. Warhead has been developed by the new team in Budapest, Hungary whereas Wars was created by a dedicated team in Frankfurt, Germany. This allowed us to have the focus geared towards both games to provide the best possible result for each.

The following is a rough summary of the most important content of Wars. In the upcoming days and weeks we will feature those points with a lot more detail on our community web site MyCrysis.com.

1. New Features

o New game mode TeamInstantAction

o Auto-downloader of maps embedded into the game

o Auto patching system embedded in the installer which always checks for the latest game version

o Fixed most critical bugs requested by the community

2. TeamInstantAction

o New intelligent spawn system for TeamInstantAction that spawns you the furthest away from any enemy and the closest to your team mates.

o Implemented score system for both the teams and the individual player

o Implemented overtime in the case both teams have the same amount of team score at the end of a round

o Developed maps tailored for the experience with more vertical gameplay in order to feature the nanosuit abilities

3. New & Improved HUD elements

o Game status bars for each of the game modes showing all necessary information at once

o Added kill message in the middle of the screen (also added kill count)

o Added dynamic objectives in PowerStruggle for a better readability

o Improved visibility of team mates

o Improved radar readability

4. Map Pool

o Total number of 21 maps for launch (9 PowerStruggle maps and 12 IA/TIA maps)

o Includes 7 all new maps

o Includes 5 improved maps from the Crysis Christmas Map pack

o Includes 9 re-balanced/improved maps from Crysis Multiplayer

o All original IA maps can be played in TIA as well and vice versa

5. Enhanced Server Support

o Added multiple console variables for a more in-depth server administration

o Improved server startup with a list of most important commands to get a server running

6. Weaponry Changes

o Re-worked complete weaponry behavior to make every weapon useful for a specific situation

o Increased damage output to kill enemies easier which allows a more fluent gameplay

o Added FGL-40 weapon from Warhead

o Added dual-wielding AY-69 weapon from Warhead

o Removed incendiary ammunition

7. Vehicles Changes

o Re-worked vehicle damage system

o Improved vehicle control system

o Re-balanced VTOL to match up with the strength of other vehicles

o Added weak zones to every heavy vehicle where it can be damaged by rifle ammunition

o Added ASV Anti-Infantry & Anti-Vehicle versions from Warhead

8. PowerStruggle Improvements

o Added alternative winning condition based on the highest amount of energy collected

o Added overtime in the case no team destroyed the enemy HQ and both teams have the same amount of energy

o Added spots to the maps from where to shoot the best in order to destroy the enemy HQ

o Re-worked TACGun to fire directly instead of having a ballistic

o Re-worked base turrets to act more effectively on short range against invaders

o Simplified end-game scenario by making only one end-game weapon available to the players (TACGun or TACTank depending on the prototype factory size in the level)

Crysis Wars: New Maps Introduction

By looking at the past events where Crysis Wars has been demonstrated we introduced 2 of the 6 brand new InstantAction/TeamInstantAction maps to the community.

Following is the summary of all available information on the specific maps called “Coast” and “Graveyard”. Stay tuned for further and more in-depth game guides on our upcoming community web site MyCrysis.com.

* Level Name: Coast

* Game Mode: InstantAction, TeamInstantAction

* Time of Day: Dawn/Early Morning

* Environment: Concrete Buildings, Ocean, Beach Side

* Battlefield Size: Small, 8-16 players

* Location: Near Yantai, China. This fisherman village is being contested by the belligerent forces due to its strategic position in front of North Korean peninsula.

* Description: Coast is a prime example of Crysis Wars use of Vertical game play. Ranging from high terraces to caves by the sea, there are plenty of good places to set up ambushes on this map.

There are some places on Coast which have relatively little cover; however their danger is outweighed by their prize, as a short trip through open water will get you a Grenade Launcher; however it is easily covered from many locations on the cliff above. Coast has definitely been designed for brutal fast paced action.

* Level Name: Graveyard

* Game Mode: InstantAction, TeamInstantAction

* Time of Day: Midnight

* Environment: Tomb Stones, Crypts and Open Ground.

* Battlefield Size: Small, 8-16 players

* Location: Near Kanoya, Japan. An abandoned graveyard has been the theater of an alien crash. Forces in presence must fight to get access to alien technology.

* Description: The graveyard map is filed with some great open ground with lots of scattered tomb stones and walls that offer you some nice cover. The alien crash site has destroyed the surround part of the graveyard and formed a small crater.

Here is where you'll find some destructive alien technology, but beware; you will be out in the open whilst trying to retrieve it.

Crysis Warhead Community Exclusive: ASV Anti-Vehicle Introduction

Exclusively featured in this update for the community is the recently introduced ASV (Armored Scout Vehicle) in the Anti-Vehicle version which is one of the new vehicles the Warhead package includes.

Technical Specification:

* Weight: 9.5 tons

* Crew: 3 (1 driver, 2 passengers)

* Type: Light Armored Vehicle

* Drive: 4-wheel drive

* Main weapon: 20mm gun with explosive rounds; low fire rate; armor piercing capabilities; extreme damage output against vehicles

* Description: The ASV in its Anti-Vehicle edition comes with a highly advanced mounted 20 mm gun which has a low fire rate and is ideal to be used against any kind of vehicles with armour improvements. Due to its high accuracy the mounted weapon is ideal for mid to long-range combat situations.

With the ASV being a light armoured vehicle it is fast on the road but also provides enough protection against attacks from light enemy fire. The hull of the ASV can be damaged by highly powerful weapons like the Gauss Rifle or explosive weapons like the FGL-40 Grenade Launcher. In addition to that the ASV has three critical zones where the player can damage it with advanced Assault Rifles like the SCAR or Machine Guns like the Hurricane.

more info here

thx ..cant wait for my copy to arrive :)

i guess there is only one vehicle death match map for now..but crytek saying they have more coming ..can wait for some crysis style battlefield.

crysis has a lot to prove in Mp and has the potential to be a gr8 MP game...hopefully crysis wars will start the revolution

yeah ... even i feel the same ... the way we play in single player is completely different from its multiplayer ... it should inspire from call of duty 4 ... where there is a very narrow difference .... being tactical should be given more stress rather that the old school run-and-gun

crysis multiplayer sucks ..i played it once and never played again , as said by ajex it should inspire from call of duty 4

but i dont agree with ajex on the tactical front ...:p because one can get more kills by run and gun ...P90 noobs FTW ! + dead silence and silencer hehe

lol ... yeah ..i tend to be more tactical with sniper + MP5 , 2 claymores ... so tactical front was bound to be under disagreement :p

coming back to crysis wars ... if the multiplayer can be made from the stages where we fight with korean soldiers, it will be great ... much like hardcore mode in cod4 ( oops!! i just can't keep away from cod4 :p)

yes.the multiplayer mode has been improved a lot compared to crysis.crysis failed to build up a community, this is where warhead makes up for it

kris30 said:
yes.the multiplayer mode has been improved a lot compared to crysis.crysis failed to build up a community, this is where warhead makes up for it

can you tell us more about crysis warhead multiplayer?:bleh:

I have been playing Crysis Wars for sometime this evening,

I quite like the MP, I have not played COD4's MP, but have been at CS:S and TF2 for a while. I need to play it more to really comment on it though. So far I have enjoyed it, not too many servers yet. I have a few screens for you guys, hope you like 'em, in two of 'em thats one tiny map. I'll comment more on CrysisWars once I get a few days with it. yes one can use vehicles etc etc, its all game but more on that later...

crysis2008-09-2120-49-38-25.jpg

crysis2008-09-2120-59-27-64.jpg

crysis2008-09-2120-59-30-71.jpg

crysis2008-09-2120-59-32-47.jpg

crysis2008-09-2120-59-51-51.jpg

crysis2008-09-2121-00-36-68.jpg

Not much but a little preview....

Back