Audio Aftermarket Replacement Tips for SoundMAGIC PL-50/Fit issues

bhupatib

Disciple
It's been 2 weeks since i recieved my pl-50 and i still haven't found the right fit. The sound degradation is so drastic without a good fit that i might consider selling them off if i don't find a solution quick.
So please suggest some replacement tips (silicone or foam) that is compatible with its nozzle size (~3.5mm) and offers good seal, comfort and durability. Price isn't an issue but it should be available on Amazon.
Also please note that i don't prefer modding (cutting/gluing etc).

The seal and fit is indeed very important with the PL-50 due to its design . Did you try the stock foam tip ? Medium sized ones.

Yes, it gave the best fit but mine were 'defective' (Its hard to explain but i guess the 'inner tube' was damaged). Also, all the provided silicone tips were useless regrading fit and isolation.
So can you suggest some replacement tips?

Check this review, it talks bout the same problem -
SoundMagic PL30 and PL50 Review - AVForums.com

I had a bit of trouble with the set that were pre-inserted on the PL50. They were on so tight that taking them off I managed to damage the tubes! Did not know much about it and just as well the tubes did not break otherwise I would only be bringing you a review for one. Reading around others have found the same issue with a tight fit and foam tips being de-cored and rendered useless. Oddly enough when I tested the S and L sized foam tips they were fine. It’s almost like the pre-inserted pair “shrank in transitâ€....
....I found the PL30 with foamies easier to insert. PL50 with foamies and the short chubby tubes required a little fiddling around.
3804498047_03ca1244b4.jpg

faultypl504.jpg

UPDATE : Alright guys, i've been looking around elsewhere and after some exhaustive searching, i'm placing order for Sony Hybrid (silicone) and Comply P-Series (Foam).
Let's hope they work!

Back