Age of Empires Online - Discussion Thread

hyperknight

Disciple
I'm surprised that nobody's started this topic yet, but AOE Online has just launched. Its free to play that too! :) (of course with additional package content that can be paid for - not microtransactions, but macrotransactions as Gas Powered Games puts it)

While the graphics look cartoony and make the game seem very casual, don't be fooled as this is still the AOE that we all love with its insane depth and strategic gameplay. However, this game is going to be online and has fused in RPG elements such as questing to get loot that makes buildings/units stronger/faster/cheaper etc.

The game released yesterday and I've levelled my city up to lvl 3 already. I must say, the game feels very interesting with its RTS and MMORPG elements combined. I can't wait to get my feet wet a little more. I'm reliving my 8th grade years of Age of Empires 2 Age of Kings days, and loving it :p

Have any of you gotten this game yet?

Home Page | Age of Empires Online

Re: Age of Empires Online launced! (Free Game!)

give ur gaming tag , will add and we can coop once we get to that level

Awesome. Man i spent countess hours playing the skirmish of AOE3 with various difficulties. It was so much fun. Gonna get this as soon as i can. :D

The thing which I didn't like was the huge download (probably 1.8 gig :mad: ).

Other than that the game looks pretty cool, took my city to level 5 today. :hap5:

Is it really great? I have been skeptical so far about aoe online because of this new online and RPG element thing. I'm going to try it out sometime this week.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

I dont know the tactics of the game but sure is different from other RPG games.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I love it when 2 massive groups fight.

how to download this as an offline download installation ???

i am getting an error :(

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

how to download this as an offline download installation ???

i am getting an error :(

^Maybe, but I'd say Homeworld gives it a run for its money.

Anyway, there doesn't seem too be much interest or buzz around this game. People who've played it, please chip in with your experience.

Back