Ainol NOVO7 Paladin First Android 4.0 Tablet PC 7 Inch 8GB 1080P for $110

rajorshi said:
Yeah, but you'd rather buy Novo7 advanced at $119. Much Much better processor / specs, and ARM beats MIPS by a mile
It runs on android 2.3.4 & scheduled to get ICS by next year, do you have anymore details like shipping etc ????

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk .......

THey are saying that there won't be any issues with apps and games although the processor is MIPS based.

If that is completely true, I see this as an amazing device, considering even the load power is less, and the Novo 7 Advanced is 20$ costlier(~1250 bucks).

I'm willing to give MIPS a try.

Are people in on this?

Instead of going through a US based company where the product is first shipped from China to USA & then to India, I think if one of our dealers or members with contact in HK could get it directly from the manufacturer, it would be much cheaper

The Ingenic JZ4770 (found in the $99 ICS tablet announced this week) is slower than the Allwinner A10 used in the Novo 7 Advanced… and there are question marks over the compatibility of the MIPS chipset with some Apps. The ARM-based Novo 7 Advanced we sell is the better tablet and a much safer bet for the moment. At time of writing (8-DEC) there is already an Android 4.0 test release for the Novo 7 Advanced, so it won't be long until you can get Android 4.0 goodness on the Novo 7 Advanced!

http://www.pcworld.c...yer_beware.html

Indian alternative to this would be Ployer momo9 aka veedee d10 (Allwinner A10). ployer momo9 already has ics released.
<
veedee d10 costs Rs.6999 on ebay.

Back