OC & Modding Air Cooler for LGA775 + AM2 Suggestions

Darklord

Skilled
Hey guys,
I plan to get a new Air Cooler for myself.I havent been in touch with the Air coolers scenario much so dont have much idea.

My requirement is that it should be compatible with LGA 775 socket as well as Socket AM2.

I would prefer a mediocre low cost cooler as it will most probably go into my Second Rig and not main Rig.

So please give me your suggestions.

Thanks in advance. :)

It is just my opinion -
Stock HSF + AS5 is much much better than low cost air cooler

What is your budget ?

are you angree (or something like that) on me ???

i am using hyper48 and its better than the stock cooler. Mumbai price is around 3000+ and Delhi price is 2200+

The Hyper L6 is good too but too heavy and unavailable.

i cannot comment on exotic coolers that are not available here.!

^ Hey Darky, well the best air coolers right now are the Ultra-120 and the Tuniq Tower.

Availability for the Tower is damn tough and you'll have to order from CoolPC or FrozenCPU, while the Ultra-120 is on sidewinder for 50 bucks.

Get the Panaflo Medium speed with the U-120, else I'm using the TT LED fan, and its definately one of the best air coolers I've used.

Dropped my Load temps for E66 at 3.2 on a TT-BT from 58 to 42 on this. Better still look at Sandy and Chaos's temps :p

Darky, you can get the Tuniq but it will work out more expensive and someone as poor as you may not be able to afford it :rofl:

Kidding, on a serious note get either the Ultra-120 or Tuniq depending on your budget, but c'mon when the sky is the limit you can blindly choose between the two :D

EDIT: Your best bet is Sidewinder - CoolPC stopped shipping to India because of the shipping hassles since Karan's Tuniq took 2.5 friggin months to arrive.

^^ Well i personally cant order cos i dont have a Debit/Credit Card nor do i have a Paypal account,will need to find a friend who can do it for me.

Lets see what happens.

RiO said:
Darky, you can get the Tuniq but it will work out more expensive and someone as poor as you may not be able to afford it :rofl:

Kidding, on a serious note get either the Ultra-120 or Tuniq depending on your budget, but c'mon when the sky is the limit you can blindly choose between the two :D

EDIT: Your best bet is Sidewinder - CoolPC stopped shipping to India because of the shipping hassles since Karan's Tuniq took 2.5 friggin months to arrive.
I want something lightweight and not too expensive since it will be used in my downloading Rig which will mostly work @ stock or even underclocked.:ashamed:

just can't get it, why invest to much.....

What I know -

Vortex Dream Ultra (Supports all CPU except 775) @ 1500/-
Vortex Dream TX (Supports all CPU including 775) @ 2000/-

I don't know the quality of it, but looks C:eek:ppo::eek:ppo:L.

iosoft said:
just can't get it, why invest to much.....

What I know -

Vortex Dream Ultra (Supports all CPU except 775) @ 1500/-
Vortex Dream TX (Supports all CPU including 775) @ 2000/-

I don't know the quality of it, but looks C:eek:ppo::eek:ppo:L.

Na ... chill... Dont stress your mind too much.

These bad mods just waste all munnyies on faltus hardwares. IGNORE THEM

Jeezzzzzzzzzzz you are better off with stock than the fking ( sorry but that was coming ) Ultra vortex.

Darky is it for main rig or b**ch rig? ( My guess is b**ch rig).

For the b**ch rig Ultra-90 or even MST-9775 is decent enough. wont put hole in pocket.

If by chance its for main rig, then get ultra 120 and if you do decide to order from frozencpu ( which is insane to be honest) then Tuniq.

Is the Arctic Freezer available? Its very cheap. If its similarly priced on sidewinders then get that. Its much better than the XP-90 though not as good as the Tuniq. Kinda light too.

Raghu.

Why dont you try to put together a Group order... itll save money on shipping, and im sure a lot of people want to order from SW.

I wouldn't recommend GO for stuff that weighs more than 4-5 lbs. The more you order, the higher the likelihood of paying customs. So while you save a bit on shipping, you end up paying for customs. Individual orders work out better because you'd only pay for shipping, hopefully no customs duty plus you can get it shipped as an engineering sample :)

Back