PC Peripherals Air Cooler or AIO for High end CPU if your home is a dust magnet !

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
I was planning on buying the NOCTUA NH-D15 Chromax black for my 3900x. went to the market and it was out of stock. DEEPCOOL Assasin III was also out of stock.
Noctua one costed around 9.5k as per listing and deepcool assasin II 7.4k if you are in market. add 400 for shippment if buying online.

But as I was upgrading some of my other components, I noticed that my cabinet now needs to be cleaned weekly which was something I was doing in 6 to 8 months, before I shifed my home. so My house is a dust magnet.

Now I am confused, what should I buy in such condition ? Air cooler like NOCTUA NH-D15 Chromax black or AIO ( Lian Li GALAHAD 360 )
what will be more easliy maintained ?

Get always Liquid Coolers as they are space savers. Air coolers are very congested space constraint as removing other parts and cables is mess even for high end air coolers .

Today I cleaned my pc cabinet after 8 long months and with newly ordered vaccum cleaner.
Must say it did took 1.5hrs but it was a bliss clean experience with 99% dust/dirt sucked without issues.
Unlike otherwise used to take my cabinet on building terrace and spend 4-5hrs while cleaning gpu, capu, hsf, fans etc. individually.
Had to struggle a bit with various attachments of vaccum cleaner to get to every corner of every component but finally had to remove gpu and hsf fans to clean the real culprit dust over the hsf.

Now will ensure, once a month inside cleaning wont take max 15-20mins of time.

Blower was always on my mind since 2 yrs but blowing dust will fill my entire house with dust which is a big no no and then have to clean the entire house furniture, bed, sheets, carpet etc. So blower is only suitable for those who have a dedicated backyard, or pvt,. terrace etc.

CM TD 500 mesh

Surprising as this has 3 dust filters. Do you clean the filters often ?
I feel most of the dust enters from the top so when Im not using the system, I cover it. Otherwise, top fans are exhaust so they dont attract dust.
Front filters are usually cleaner. Also depends on the area where you live.

Surprising as this has 3 dust filters. Do you clean the filters often ?
I feel most of the dust enters from the top so when Im not using the system, I cover it. Otherwise, top fans are exhaust so they dont attract dust.
Front filters are usually cleaner. Also depends on the area where you live.
my front side is mostly dusty. cleaned it yesterday morning 3am and as of now. I can clearly see dust. its not that bad inside the case. but I do get dust and it's not what I want to see normally. TD 500 MESH does a great job but dust is everywhere and even my monitors need a wipe every 2 days or so. That's why I am like should i get a AIO or a air cooler so that in long term temperatures are not bad.

Using a leaf blower on a heatsink is way easier to remove dust than taking off the fans on a radiator and cleaning it. FYI.

Doesn't Blower throw electrostatic charge on the component. i will never use a blower to blow dust inside a PC
I am not even in this territory:p
Using a leaf blower on a heatsink is way easier to remove dust than taking off the fans on a radiator and cleaning it. FYI.
Issue is not work the case. I am more concerned about cpu and its temperatures and it's maintanibility.

For long term use, I would recommend air cooler. The cleaning process should be almost same for both since you'll have to remove the fans to remove the dust from heatsink/radiator vents.

Modern AIOs are objectively better than air coolers. Check GamersNexus tests. And those are in 20-22 degree ambients. In 30 degree ambients like here, the difference will be greater.

The basic issue is how long a cooler takes to heat soak before it hits steady state. The typical time for an air cooler is 30 seconds while for a large 360/280mm AIO, it is 300 seconds. For most heavy bursty loads, this extra time leads to CPUs maintaining the peak boost state longer.

AIO for for dust saving
a lot depends on if your CASE is set up for positive pressure on negative
Personally Positive Pressure can help with making sure no dust setles in this case
assuming you have a good filter for all the intakes

Space wise both the air cooler and AIO rad take up same place

only diff being the AIO RAD is closer to the edgaes of case so can be set up to suck in cleaner if reqd and gives cleaner view to show of the MB

Get a better case filters. Air cooler will work fine for longer time.
and BluDev point is also valid as most of the thing depends upon the pressure inside the case.
It won't attract much dust if pressure is positive.

Just cutting in between but normal HSF cooler (no matter how premium)is taking a heavy toll given the dust factors, weight and the excessive cleaning it requires.

So I was thinking about Corsair H100i AIO as I have never ever used AIOs earlier nor anyone using in my vicinity, just want to know apart from the clean look, dust-free factor, light weight merits how long does it lasts, I mean the sealed coolant which comes factory filled inside those tubes.
Say if I run my system daily for 12hrs I wanna know on average how much god life can I expect before I need to shift to another AIO.

Also, I have read many issue with AIOs that even after installing it properly, we have to keep regular checks like if the radiator fans are running properly (thats easily to observe though) and the most important factor if the pump is functioning or not. Have to hook ears to the valves etc assembly to get an idea.

And how about the maintenance, I dont want any valve/tube getting cracked/leaked automatically and cause an unusual disaster!

Some modern bios have pump monitoring thing but I think only way one gets notified when the temps suddenly shoots up.

I'm getting ready for my next build so gathering bits and pieces slowly and carefully..
I'm truly considering AIOs so existing users kindly share your experiences..

so i have been using AIO for last many years, am on my third rig with a AIO
to ans your Qs, never had coolant leak, they are gauranteed for many hours of use
even if motor shuts you dont have to stick ear, the cpu no fan connect alert will work of pump connected to cpu fan doesnt spin
so that should put your doubts to rest
most mobo now have a common fan header for AIO/CPU fan you can connect any thing to it

Just cutting in between but normal HSF cooler (no matter how premium)is taking a heavy toll given the dust factors, weight and the excessive cleaning it requires.

So I was thinking about Corsair H100i AIO as I have never ever used AIOs earlier nor anyone using in my vicinity, just want to know apart from the clean look, dust-free factor, light weight merits how long does it lasts, I mean the sealed coolant which comes factory filled inside those tubes.
Say if I run my system daily for 12hrs I wanna know on average how much god life can I expect before I need to shift to another AIO.

Also, I have read many issue with AIOs that even after installing it properly, we have to keep regular checks like if the radiator fans are running properly (thats easily to observe though) and the most important factor if the pump is functioning or not. Have to hook ears to the valves etc assembly to get an idea.

And how about the maintenance, I dont want any valve/tube getting cracked/leaked automatically and cause an unusual disaster!

Some modern bios have pump monitoring thing but I think only way one gets notified when the temps suddenly shoots up.

I'm getting ready for my next build so gathering bits and pieces slowly and carefully..
I'm truly considering AIOs so existing users kindly share your experiences..
Gamer nexus say it is good for 6 years. AIO Tube get harder, coolant get evaporated etc etc. you should buy a new one after 6 years or change tube coolant etc after 6 years.

Back