OC & Modding Air Filter ?

uknowme007

Disciple
Hey guys,

I was thinking abt cuttin my cabinet and fixin a top intake fan...

But my place has huge probs of carbon dust...

So I was thinking of askin U guys some advise to counter it...and can ne one tell me abt the air filters branded ppl use like ANTEC and rest ?

PLz explain in detail if possible...Wud be gr8

Tnx neways....... :hap2:

top intake?? :S u mean chimney fans?? next to the PSU?? those are exhaust fans :p

most of the hot air always rirse upwards, and that place is the best way to remove the hot air :)

Air filters....go to ur mall, Get a pad os Scotch Brite (used in dishwashing ). Thats a good enough air filter :D

Thnx mate....

So which part of Scotch brite do i use ? The yellow sponge part or green scrubber sorta part ?

And will it let in air ? Have u tried it ?

Tnx...

Hey Master Quad....
Thnx for tht piece of advice ...How does a sieve sound ? I mean the thing we use for draining water or even tea or coffe...Hop u know what I'm talkin abt ?

Its usually made of plastic......SIEVE.....

Tnx again.....

Thin Net is what you mean , is it.

A Thin Net will also be good.

But you will have to throw air out from the top then why do u need a filter on top.
Filter will only be required if you are taking air inside ur cabby

scoth brite ? :S you'll need a really powerful fan if you want to use that as a filter

sieve is good , or you can get some wiremesh and use it as a filter. or use panty hose or similar thin fabrics

I think Quad made the most sensible post..... if this fan is going to be used as an exhaust fan, then the amt of dirt entering would be very less......

what is the use of anything at all???? The fan would blow away the dust which may have entered the case otherwise.....

And he can just cover that top hole with anything like a book, a towel, anything in the world when the computer is switched off.....

If you're using the fan as an exhaust, there is really no need for a filter. When the system is switched off, you can use the cut out portion of your cabinet as a cover for the hole. However, if you still insist on using a fan, you can use some sort of pantyhose material, which is really thin, and allows air through. Like those el-cheapo water filters.

Regards
Inzider

Hey Buddies...

U guyz all are damn gud...... THANX a looooooooooot frenz !!!! United We Stand !!! Hop so...

Hey Nikhil , I guess I missed out one post.... I shud have written abt the doubt for my intake fan...Its already there and the top fan was just a thot ... thts all... I was needin the ideas for my intake presently there..I am usin a sieve from my mom's kitchen ...I cut the plastic thing out and fixed on to the cab's outer area....
I got a local fan...and its not tht strong tho....I mite give ur other ideas a try too .... I have too see ASAP.....

My fan is inside the cab and the cab wall has holes for air intake....SO I beleive havin the filter outside is enough rite ?

Tnx again !

But seriously, wouldnt adding any kind of air filter affect the air fow ?

Personally i dont like them.
I even removed the ones that came with my cabinet.

I prefer cleaning with a blower every week.

Just my opinion though.

Cleaning wit ha blower is gr8 idea , Air Filter seriously reduce the airflow and you must
take some pains to keep ur cabby clean , and not use a airfilter.

This will help you keep ur cabby more cool or use a filter that will not reduce airflow.
like a metal net or plastic net with bit spaced holes so that airflow is not much reduced.

Back