Air your tunes!

vb86

Adept
I got my dad an iPad recently. He doesn't know how to use a PC, but since he's been using an iPhone since the very beginning, he's very familiar with iOS. It made perfect sense to get him an iPad for his needs. Now, he wanted a dock to play music. He wanted something that he could carry around, and when he heard about Airplay, he thought that it would be more convenient for him to get an Airplay dock where he could control the music from wherever he was (in Wifi range ofcourse). So, I decided to buy the best one.

Now, a lot of you may argue that it's very overpriced and that for the same money, you can get a better sounding system with an amp and speakers. Then again, for my dad's needs, it made perfect sense. Now, he can sit on the sofa and control his music even when the dock is in the other end of the room. We can move it from room to room when we have parties. We can carry it to our farm whenever we go. It's something we really needed..

Presenting the Bowers and Wilkins Zeppelin Air:

The Airplay setup was very simple. Once I got it running, I played a few songs off my iTunes playlist on my PC to check if everything was fine. Then I hooked up the iPad. It's fairly simple. One can even stream music from the native youtube app and also from 3rd party media streaming apps like TuneIn.

Overall, it's a convenient device to have. It sounds better than any iPod dock I've heard in the past including the Harman Kardon Go+play, Bose Sound Dock, Bose Sound Dock 10 and the JBL ones. Airplay is an added bonus! The convenience comes at a price ofcourse!

AED 2999. It was more expensive in Dubai than it is in the US where it costs $599 + tax. But it's very heavy and I couldn't really ask anyone to bring it from the US. Since I was in Dubai for work, I picked it up from there.

Goodness Gracious! That is some purchase mate! :)

Heartiest congratulations. I have been drooling over this since it was announced. I'll surely get one in the near future.

Again, this is awesome. The SQ from these babies is tremendous.

teja92 said:
Does it work with my iPad 1?

Yes. All devices that support iOS 4 are compatible with Airplay. You need to be on atleast iOS 4.2 for Airplay support. Airplay support for 3rd party apps is available iOS 4.3 onwards.

Apart from that, any iPod, iPhone or iPad can be docked on this dock.

I am on 4.3.5 So np.. I use Airplay to stream to my laptop.

This is great.. Will def get one for me..

Back