Aircel Pocket Internet speed on PC

Docomo speeds are quite ok ! You should be able to get at least 10-12 KB/s during busy periods.....above 20 KB/s in the night. Of course this is with an EDGE enabled phone and signal of at least 4-5 sticks. I get superb speeds on my aircel. Min 15-16 KB/s ...at night goes uto 28-30 KB/s. Speedtest at night is arnd 210-220 kbps DL/ 50-60 kbps UL

@gamepagol

Which area ?
Cos Aircel totally sucks in my area.....:mad:
Avg. speed is 1kBps-5kBps at morning or night.
And at other time is pathetic.

Revolution said:
@gamepagol

Which area ?

Cos Aircel totally sucks in my area.....:mad:

Avg. speed is 1kBps-5kBps at morning or night.

And at other time is pathetic.
Same here in North kolkata..Max 5 KBPS..Airtel was better 200mb For Rs 18 and the speed on My 5130 touched 31 KBPs Sometimes...

Aircel and Airtel both suck in my area and hence discontinued using them. BSNL tower being very near to my home i get very good speeds and hence i am using that. Only problem is that it costs almost 3 times the aircel / airtel GPRS plans :(

Hmmm.... after so many bad reviews about aircel wanna tell something good!!

I am using AIRCEL for for last 1 year (bagalore - Peeneya) or more. Before I used to use the Nokia 5230 for connecting PC to phone and the phone acts as a modem. I always use UBUNTU. I used to get a download speed of 23-25 KBPS (rapidshare).

Recently I bought a 7.2mbps 3g data modem device (from a TE dealer). Its plug-n-play in ubuntu 10.10 ... Now I get 29KBPS constant download speed!!! Sometimes in the evening the speed goes little down..

I really love aircel!! I download BluRay bollywood videos, and movies too on a regular basis!

Aircel is awesome :)

amar7 said:
Hmmm.... after so many bad reviews about aircel wanna tell something good!!

I am using AIRCEL for for last 1 year (bagalore - Peeneya) or more. Before I used to use the Nokia 5230 for connecting PC to phone and the phone acts as a modem. I always use UBUNTU. I used to get a download speed of 23-25 KBPS (rapidshare).

Recently I bought a 7.2mbps 3g data modem device (from a TE dealer). Its plug-n-play in ubuntu 10.10 ... Now I get 29KBPS constant download speed!!! Sometimes in the evening the speed goes little down..

I really love aircel!! I download BluRay bollywood videos, and movies too on a regular basis!

Aircel is awesome :)

Probably because many of the users have stopped using aircel EDGE/GPRS or very less users of the same in your area.

I bought spare Nokia phone got AIRCEL value card for 6 months Unlimited SMS, 10800 minutes free calling etc etc etc but bang, they didn't include Pocket Internet!!!

:huh:
I am using aircel pocket internet through PC and getting awkward speed of 0to10 kbytes/s while downloading. I use beetel ZTE MF 180 usb2.0 modem(edge multislot class: Unknown) which supports gprs, edge. But using the same sim on Nokia Xpress Music handset(edge class 32) I get average 25 kbps of average speed. I use from Kolkata, and can anybody please help me to troubleshoot with these problems?

Aircel has launched 3G in my area.

But still 2G is toally sucks got 4-5kBps DL speed.

Again waste Rs.14/-.

And they are not even UL these days if I'm not wrong ?

major9 said:
Even in Kerala the speed sucks. Pages like google takes about 10mins to load. But in mobile its quite ok. You can use it with Gmail mobile app to check mail when on the move.
The Aircel CC guys say its because in Kerala they havn't activated EDGE.

I'm currently using BSNL's GPRS. The speeds are the best i've used till now also the prices.
But the situation in Kozhikode is far better we get speeds upto 25kpbs in peak time and around 65kpbs and above during night. We can atleast download a 700mb movie overnight.

Docomo speeds are far better than aircel at around 35kpbs during peak time

Hai friends u are currently talking about the speed of aircel 98,27,14,5 cards u know the speed of aircel net decreases know a days . I had been using aircel from 2009 , at first the network speed looked amazing to me and so i cut ma brodband connection but now a days the speed is too low and it appears that sometimes i cant even look ma gmails and the downloads becomes impossible am using samsung gyalaxy y and connectes to the computer via usb tethering and i think either the traffic had become great or its because i have no wi fi adapter installed in ma pc

Back