Airline baggage insurance for LCD TV in checkin baggage

SOM1

Disciple
Hi,

I am planning to take a new LCD TV along with me to my hometown.

I am flying Indigo Air.

Now the issue is:
  • is there any policy to insure baggage mishandling during transit, both on and off flight (ground handling) ?
  • I see United India has one but it is only limited to fire, calamity etc etc ... Details Here
  • How safe is it to carry a LCD Tv in the checkedin baggage ? How does Indigo air fare in this regard ? I will be carrrying a brand new unpacked piece.

Please reply soon as i am travelling on friday morning. :help:

regards,
som
P.S. @Admin if you see this has been posted in the wrong place, please kindly move it to other place.

Re: Airline baggae insurance for LCD TV in checkin baggage

sad that no one replied ... but will like to add my experience:

- Went from bangalore to bhubaneswar on a Indigo Airlines flight

- The 32C450 weighed 12 Kgs and was within the limit of the checkin baggage.

- Did not get any insurance info, so had no insurance

- The indigo folks were nice and took the LCD (complete with the unopened original packing)

- Although booked in the checkin baggage but they did not transport it thru the normal conveyor belt but their person took it personally in a trolley (duely marked fragile) till the tarmac.

- While boarding noticed that the LCD was nice sitting on top of the heap of items to be loaded onto the cargo hatch.

- Received the LCD in the BBSR airport on the conveyor belt though :)

- The piece was in immaculate condition to my relief !! :)

this was my story of carrying a LCD thru flight :)

hope it helps all.

regards,

som

Mostly the LCDs are transported in the box they come in so it should be ok unless there is some serious mishandling. Anyway glad to see yours made it though safely

I hadn't seen this thread before, so sorry i didn't reply.

LCDs are very hard to insure, They most probably wouldn't have given you transit insurance for it.

Good to know that. In my flying experience, I have found Indigo and SpiceJet to be really well mannered and professional. Something Jet and Air India were sometime back. Unfortunately, can't say the same about them anymore.

I flew with jet airways a couple of months ago and i must say staff was really really good and helpful..In case of low cost airliners i found indigo to be the best..IMO spicejet sucks big time

^^ I just find Jet executives to be very good. Indigo is good. SpiceJet is alright. Never flown on kingfisher as if a see the schedule board at the airport, kingfisher is usually delayed.

Back