Airtel 256 kbps broadband d/w @ over 2 mbps

It happens at times. Happened thrice to me over a period of a year. The first time this happened I panicked and called Airtel to know if my plan was changed by accident or speed on demand was activated. They had no clue about what I was talking about.

Lasts for a couple of hours when it happens usually around 2-3 hours in my case. When the speed comes back to normal, the normal speed looks like an eyesore :p

@kippu their strategy worked :ashamed:

I switched to swift 1099 recently. Even though it is not 2 mbps but 512kbps/1mbps combination works for me.

Checkout the Swift 1099 plan for Mumbai :

Airtel Swift 1099

It is a modified version of Turbo 1299 plan.

The FUP is applied after 20 GB on 512 kbps but I download at night when download is not counted and speed is 1 mbps.

It seems Airtel tricks their users by giving these speed bursts and then trying to get them into being potential customers for better speed.

I liked MTNL for this. Gave me 2 Mbps on my 256 Kbps for many months but last independence day and it was back to square one.

prabs said:
Checkout the Swift 1099 plan for Mumbai :

Airtel Swift 1099

It is a modified version of Turbo 1299 plan.

The FUP is applied after 20 GB on 512 kbps but I download at night when download is not counted and speed is 1 mbps.

Discrimination... :mad:

But then this is why I love my Explore 1099... No FUP, 384kbps@day & 1Mbps @night.. :hap2:

raksrules said:
It seems Airtel tricks their users by giving these speed bursts and then trying to get them into being potential customers for better speed.
I liked MTNL for this. Gave me 2 Mbps on my 256 Kbps for many months but last independence day and it was back to square one.
ahh the good ol' days...i enjoyed the free bandwidth on my 256 mtnl for a year
even 512kbps seems like a drag now...

Back