Airtel - 2MBPS NU @ Rs. 598 + Tax

gautham82

Disciple
Nov 9, 2006
www.Gautham.in
U guys scared me.. :( Yest nite i downloaded for 3.5GB in 6hrs..

Just confirmed with CC.. There is no limit on downloading from 9pm to 8am..

But there is a limit of 1GB on day usage per month..

Hope this is clear.. :)

techster

Adept
Aug 28, 2007
If this is available for new users, I might just get it.. With Tata there is always the tension that they will increase rates/decrease hours etc.. Airtel's customer service >>>>>>> Tata

rPOk

Adept
Jan 24, 2006
Errr...where does this plan state that during the night unlimited, you'll get 2mbps?

No such plan in noida...I'm sucking on home 999 384kbps ul

HailStonE

Skilled
Sep 29, 2006
rPOk said:
Errr...where does this plan state that during the night unlimited, you'll get 2mbps?
No such plan in noida...I'm sucking on home 999 384kbps ul

^^^... Yepp... CC people are unaware.. I've confirmed this... So I've fired a mail to MP local circle for details & hope they will reply with ground realities in a day or two...

Also most probably it's only available in Chennai circle since AIRTEL have diff. schemes for each circle... like no night double speed in MP while its available in few circles...

Will have to wait it out for confirmation & details... ;)

dipen01

Skilled
Aug 14, 2005
Ethan_Hunt said:
Is it available for new users too? I have Airtel readily available in my building.Infact the guy can hook my connection up in no time.If it's available for such a price then goodbye MTNL & hello Airtel.:)

Same yaar.. The only ISP that is allowed in my building is Airtel as they are done with connections and everything.. IF its for new users than it would be super awesome..

Bye Bye to stupid EVDO in that case :ashamed:

clown_abhi

Skilled
Sep 27, 2007
Guys,

I mailed Airtel and got the reply today and as per their latest Broadband tariff sheet which is applicable for all the segments in India giving also any special schemes which is applicable only in Chennai or any other markets.
Sadly enuf, there is no night unlimited scheme anywhere in India. So just quit it. :p

Probably Gautham is lucky to get it but there is no such plan u can ask from Airtel atm. :bleh:

montylee

Skilled
Jul 20, 2006
funwithlinux.blogspot.com
i remember it happened sometime back too.

I was in chennai and took 128 kbps unlimited airtel connection in my PG. They were offering free upgrade to 256 kbps for some days but only in chennai...

Airtel loves chennai...

dinakar83

Recruit
Sep 5, 2008
Airtel Chennai CC confirmed that this plan is available only for existing Turbo 256 plan users. I have a Speed 256 plan(Night Unlimited) in Chennai but they informed that they cannot migrate me to Combo 499 from my current plan.

It looks Stupid on why they restrict these offers to only certain plans.

neoronin

Adept
Sep 19, 2008
I can give some idea on why Airtel is very specifically offering this to chennai Broadband users. There have been a lot of negative press on their billing for DSL usage in Chennai. Unfortunately this is mostly an education issue as the majority base of Airtel DSL users in Chennai are not very educated [or willing to learn] about the Internet. That's why these special designed UL plans are offered in Chennai to curb the billing complaints.