Airtel 3G available anywhere?

blufox

Adept
Hi Guys,

I am on a so called "Rakt Pipassu" Airtel Postpaid Corporate Plan.
I pay close to 200 as tariff PM along with some 1 Re STD/Local calls with 1000mins free local calls etc etc.

I am going out station for few days and need access to Internet to Work from Home.
Since my Nexus One has 3G capability + Airtel launched their 3G service recently, I want to use it with my current plan.

Now, I did not find proof of the launch of 3G services mentioned anywhere on Airtel website.

Does anyone know what are the tariffs? Or which is the best tariff plan from Airtel, if available?
Can i avail it right now? Will it cost me more during roaming?

Also, Docomo people show a lot of out of context, useless Ads on TV about their 3G services, are they good enough? How is coverage and tariff?
Any feedback/help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Airtel 3G is not launched yet and as of now docomo has removed the large screen plans from their website and it displays only small screen plans meant for phone but i dont get it how they can stop us from tethering and one more thing is that 3G towers(both bsnl and docomo) arent available everywhere, so first find out if you will get any 3g signal at that place.

blufox said:
thanks guys.
I think I ll stick with Ram Bharose BSNL service for now then.
even after launch u need to stick what all ur using now and rest others to because of way cheap plans from airtel lol

Got a SMS from airtel that 3G is up, they call them experience zones. SMS EZ <pincode> to 121 to find the nearest Experience Zone

:|

SunnyBoi said:
Got a SMS from airtel that 3G is up, they call them experience zones. SMS EZ <pincode> to 121 to find the nearest Experience Zone

:|
seen that exp zones yesterday in some mall in ncr speed was good and even lcd tv was connected to mobile tv and working fine and browsing and download speed was super but end of the day more imp are plans and prices which airtel not going to give as history backs airtel as most expensive operator

?????????????????????????????????????????

destiny said:
?????????????????????????????????????????

What do you want with this reply? Senseless.

delguy19 said:
seen that exp zones yesterday in some mall in ncr speed was good and even lcd tv was connected to mobile tv and working fine and browsing and download speed was super but end of the day more imp are plans and prices which airtel not going to give as history backs airtel as most expensive operator
You sure about this???

I would say that history backs Vodafone as the most expensive operator with respect to Internet plans. :p

The 2GB/Rs.98 plan has been available in Airtel for around a year now, but Vodafone just only launched those. Atleast I heard so from a friend who uses Vodafone.

Yes normal internet on an iphone (EDGE) costs 99 rental and then 5paise/10KB...what a rip off..earlier on pre-paid I could use almost unlimited (as far as phone usage goes) internet using my E63.

A;; on Vodaphone prepaid

Back