Airtel 3G roaming Problem

chokhu1585

Disciple
Dear All,

I am using airtel postpaid connection in Mumbai and activated 3G. Now when I am in roaming in Surat-Gujarat, I am getting only Edge connection not 3G connection though Airtel recently launched 3G in Gujarat. In my area, airtel 3G is working great on other mobile on local Gujarat airtel postpaid connection. On contacting customer care, they told to set mobile network to manually and select the IDEA network. But doing that it is trying to register on idea network but after sometime it is giving me an error that your sim does not allow this facility. Does anyone else is facing the same problem? Wat is the solution for that?

Thanks in Advance.

rahul2003 said:
Airtel 3G is not launched in surat.
Wat r u saying? I am having another Gujarat no on another cell and i am using 3G on it in Surat.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

No. There is no special Roaming Plan for 3G. Contacted customer care and they logged my complain. And today I got a call from Cust. care and they told me that Mumbai 3G users can not use 3G in Roaming. They are already processing this issue. For other circle 3G users, this problem will not be there. This problem is only for Mumbai users. Is someone from Mumbai facing same problem? Can someone pls confirm this?

Ok.. Today got another call from customer care and I explained him the entire issue. He just simply told me that Airtel 3G will work only in that circle. During roaming to another circle, 3G will not work. Now what the hell is this? Is it the same case with other operator also? Are they also not providing 3G service during roaming? Or is this only with airtel? Did anyone have the same issue?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Dear friend, this is Airtel crap for us Mumbai users.

I have been using bsnl 3g on Mumbai and gujrat circle without any roaming charges.it just works.

Its Airtel trying to fool us.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Now getting another problem. I am staying at Sanpada, Navi Mumbai. 3G was working good in my area before some days. But from last Monday, i think, I am not getting any 3G signals in my area. I have checked in Vashi also I am not getting any 3G only EDGE is showing. In other areas on my office way like Turbhe, koperkhairne, ghansoli I am getting proper 3G signals so there isnt any problem with handset setting. I have contacted customer care to check if they are having any 3g network problem in my area but they said every thing is ok n give the same one n only solution they are having of removing and reinserting th sim. But that doesnt work. Is anyone facing similar type of problem? I think I should switch ovr to bsnl.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Back