Airtel Ads

swatkats

Skilled
Bharti Airtel Ltd has launched an advertising platform which will connect brands to customers, the Sunil Mittal-led telecom operator said in a statement on Wednesday.

The platform, Airtel Ads, allows brands to curate consent-based and safe campaigns for subscribers of the telco, it said. Airtel has over 320 million customers across businesses - mobile, direct-to-home (DTH) and homes.

"For instance, let’s say you come on Airtel Thanks app for a recharge, and you see Zomato’s offer of a 40% discount. We take that Zomato offer and present it to you while you are doing the transaction.

These ads will feature only on various Airtel platforms. Given the size of Airtel’s customer base of 320 million subscribers, with 190 million using the company’s music streaming app Wynk, over-the-top (OTT) video content Xtream and Thanks, while about 17 million avail the DTH service, the telco does not plan to cater to customers from outside.
Everyone's taking a leaf out of Jio's book.

I was thinking about shifting back to Airtel Fiber and as well porting my number to Airtel but I don't need one more ad tracker looking after my every move. With Google making it difficult for 3rd party trackers, I am afraid that this might become the norm.

Back