Airtel Broadband Bangalore - Slow speeds 16, 17 Jan 2015

Didn't see any issues. In fact last weekend I got some whacked out 4MB/s speeds for an hour. I'm sure something went wrong with their traffic shaper.

I am also facing this issue from yesterday, most of sites like amazon.in etc.. are taking too long to open. But when downloading torrents it gives full bandwidth.

Working but on some sites downloads are slow :-|

I ran speedtest that seems fine[DOUBLEPOST=1421490102][/DOUBLEPOST]Seems that there is an outage in karnataka and will be rectified by tomm morning.

Last edited:
I am also facing this issue from yesterday, most of sites like amazon.in etc.. are taking too long to open. But when downloading torrents it gives full bandwidth.

I noticed that too, though I didn't even dare think about torrents given the horrible speed on HTTP downloads. Pinging amazon.in and microsoft.com results in a request timeout although the websites open but terribly slowly. Pings to google.com go through and Google works fine. Speedtest.net to some servers in US, EU just does not even start while on some others within the US, EU it works fine. Looks like some core router out there has got its routing tables screwed up. Will raise the issue with Airtel for what it's worth.

Alternately, this could be related to the damaged undersea cable on the segment to Mumbai. Thought I saw a post on this forum or another one but can't seem to locate it now.

I noticed that too, though I didn't even dare think about torrents given the horrible speed on HTTP downloads. Pinging amazon.in and microsoft.com results in a request timeout although the websites open but terribly slowly. Pings to google.com go through and Google works fine. Speedtest.net to some servers in US, EU just does not even start while on some others within the US, EU it works fine. Looks like some core router out there has got its routing tables screwed up. Will raise the issue with Airtel for what it's worth.

Alternately, this could be related to the damaged undersea cable on the segment to Mumbai. Thought I saw a post on this forum or another one but can't seem to locate it now.
Amazon and microsoft cannot be pinged, because they might have disabled icmp protocol. Tata issue has nothing to do with Airtel's issue, looks like problem is restricted to be a specific region.

It's a Gateway problem. Should be sorted out in next 2 days.

ahhh shit... i thought i was alone, Thanks to this thread now.
Airtel has gone shit past 2 days.... Vimeo barely loads, BF3 unplayable, some sites take 2x the loading times!
Vimeo cannot be pinged

For what it's worth, Airtel CC says SMWE 4 cable cut at NY resulting in slowdown in the south. Minimum of 3 to 4 days to resolve.

I called up airtel cc and they reported that there is an under sea cable cut and would be restored by Monday evening. :arghh::arghh::arghh:.

thankfully torrent is working full speed. :D:D:D.

Anybody else on Airtel Broadband at Bangalore encountering slow speeds since yesterday? It has been absolutely horrible since last evening.
Yes, i noticed it and found my download speed averaged 1.5Mb/s (!)

Right now its around 2.5Mbs with speedof.me

I do notice that my upstream SNR is rock stable. Not a single glitch at all. Not very high at 6dB but not a single disconnect.

wYtQEzx.png

Was quite surprised to see that straight line. What happened at 10:15am on Jan 16 ?

It means they changed the profile, more stable but slower.[DOUBLEPOST=1421577636][/DOUBLEPOST]
yes..even in chennai.. sites like wikipedia doesnt open at all..anyway raised the issue thru' airtel website
Yep same thing and when i first noticed it and was puzzled.

Last edited:
Same problem here...Airtel CC pretended to reset my line, and then finally said that will be seeing erratic speeds for 2-3 more days, so a Monday resolution seems unlikely.

Has this issue resolved? I still can't play online games. I used to get 304 stable ping but now it starts at 280 and then goes upto 400. I hate this lag. Anyone else having still have this issue?

Its still affecting me. I spoke to airtel and they said its not resolved yet... Do any of you guys play MMO games? If yes, you guys are not facing any issues in game?

It was back to normal by 19/20 Jan, 2015 on Airtel..
Its not normal until now. Airtel customer care told me it would be resolved in 48 hours I bet it wont be. Don't judge on the browsing and downloading. You can see the real issue if you try online games.

Back