Airtel broadband tariff hike.......

I received an sms from Airtel yesterday that my Rs 899/- plan will be revised to Rs 950/- w.e.f 11/08/2012. Its becoming costlier for me. Any suggestions for alternate broadband to Kolkata users????
You can try Alliance. I used it 5-6 yrs back when I was in Kolkata. Very little downtime and reasonable service. Don't know the current situation although their plans look much better than other ISPs.

Metalspree I've been using ACT from January. Only one downtime for me so far which lasted about a few hours in the late night and morning (there was heavy rain and storm). Service has been top notch and not a single problem with speed. Definitely way better than failtel.

Which plan are you in and which area?

Reading through all this makes me M*A*D ...... For how long have we to suffer the pangs of being fleeced with these ISP's (elsewhere is other parts of the world many countries are treating broadband as a fundamental right where blazing speeds are guaranteed at minimum costs).

My MTNL plan in Mumbai costs almost 1K (including taxes) but no limits & my usage is around 220-260GB/month, night time speed is 2MBps

Just wondering - don't most of you guys have BSNL's services in your area's ?

Reading through all this makes me M*A*D ...... For how long have we to suffer the pangs of being fleeced with these ISP's (elsewhere is other parts of the world many countries are treating broadband as a fundamental right where blazing speeds are guaranteed at minimum costs).

My MTNL plan in Mumbai costs almost 1K (including taxes) but no limits & my usage is around 220-260GB/month, night time speed is 2MBps

Just wondering - don't most of you guys have BSNL's services in your area's ?

We do !!
Just that BSNL doesn't have MTNL's plans :(.

Damn.....no such message received from them yet.

Gurgaon for better or worse has no decent ISP alternative......stuck with Failtel for eternity and they will fleecing me for perpetuity :(

Anybody using anything apart from Failtel????

Have been using ACT since mid Jun'12. Speeds are as promised and service is prompt. However, 3 full days of downtime the last 30 days because of cable cuts is testing my patience. :mad:

Have been using ACT since mid Jun'12. Speeds are as promised and service is prompt. However, 3 full days of downtime the last 30 days because of cable cuts is testing my patience. :mad:

See, Getting Such plans is an Plus Point and Downtime is an minus Point. ultimately the Truth is YOU CAN'T Get both. So Adjust the downtime with an 3G/Evdo connection or Even with an Substitute Connection from LCO/Other ISP for less than 500.

For Example i have an Beam Connection, I Cannot Expect 100 Percent up-time so I have a MTS Card with me as an Substitute and i spend 250 for 3GB of Data which is Enough While downtime.

but again it applies if you provide IP based telephony.
which i doubt Airtel does.
as far as I know , only BSNL provides VOIP .

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

and that also is 3% increase not 7%

but again it applies if you provide IP based telephony.
which i doubt Airtel does.
as far as I know , only BSNL provides VOIP .
Could you please elaborate?

6T451.png

they increased my plan tariff from 1099 to 1199. 100 Rs. hike... But i am least bothered if they are not going to adopt the same thing frequently...

Back