Airtel charging 10p/SMS for sending sms to other networks

hotshot05

Skilled
Just recharged today with Rs.80 again.

My friend had told me that Airtel will charge 10p/SMS when sending to other networks frm this month. But since I had not received any SMS, I thought that it was a rumor only. But today I saw that it is true.

Now Failtel has gone really mad. Who is going to pay them 10p/sms after paying them Rs.80?

What is it with SMS and the mobile operators? :mad:

i know these operators are goin madd :mad:

The solution for the ones who text a lot ( i text around 150-200 messages a day) :

1. Dont use the normal messages and dont buy the unlimited message packs .

2. Instead buy a net pack of Rs 90/95/98/100 on 2G which runs for a month with no other cost .

3. Use internet sms sites like 160by2 or way2sms or youmint using net in ur phone

4. Buy a cheap wifi router and use apps like whatsapp and viper to make free phone calls and send free sms if u have an android phone or apple iphone

Nd enjoyyy :) :hap2:

rahulsarna said:
i know these operators are goin madd :mad:

The solution for the ones who text a lot ( i text around 150-200 messages a day) :

1. Dont use the normal messages and dont buy the unlimited message packs .

2. Instead buy a net pack of Rs 90/95/98/100 on 2G which runs for a month with no other cost .

3. Use internet sms sites like 160by2 or way2sms or youmint using net in ur phone

4. Buy a cheap wifi router and use apps like whatsapp and viper to make free phone calls and send free sms if u have an android phone or apple iphone

you mean Viber :p

Thats a good idea really. It's a bit slow but still.

However, I'm enjoying 100sms/day to all operators here at RC52 pm, and Internet @ Re.1 per day(10MB)

rahulsarna said:

I guess we can not send sms to DND numbers from these sites. I tried sending one using way2sms and got pop up saying"Number is registered in DND, you can not send sms to this number' :mad:

the only reason i m still using BPL number is because all the other operators are ****tards... They activate the VAS services without even your permission... Discontinues the old affordable plans and force you to switch to their new plans which are really not affordable... Plus if you are a billing customer then just god help you... They would send Dhirubhai Ambani's bill at your door :p...

My BPL Plan = Dus Ka Gang Next Generation

Gang Call = @ 10p

BPL 2 BPL = @ 30p

Local Call = @ 50p

Local SMS = @ 10p

2GB Internet = @ Rs.28 :eek:hyeah:

comp@ddict said:
Thats a good idea really. It's a bit slow but still.

However, I'm enjoying 100sms/day to all operators here at RC52 pm, and Internet @ Re.1 per day(10MB)

Which operator n plan are u on mate?

its same with vodafone .. per day 100sms limit ... with a sms pack cost is 5p per sms .. while without one is the normal 1re per sms ... voda-voda is free with sms pack ...

Switched to Tata Docomo a few months ago, using MNP.

Charge 60p for first SMS of the day, rest 99 SMS of the day free :D . So, i feel tempted to send more SMS after i have already sent 1 for the day, since they all will be free.

rhlravi said:
Switched to Tata Docomo a few months ago, using MNP.

Charge 60p for first SMS of the day, rest 99 SMS of the day free :D . So, i feel tempted to send more SMS after i have already sent 1 for the day, since they all will be free.

Had a similar plan, but all SMS @ 10p without any extra charge, plus calls to all local tata were @ 10p/min, tata std @ 30p/min with 1st 2 min for each @ 1p/sec. But they stopped the plan, and could not re activate it. Oh and best feature, GPRS packs retained validity till the validity of the above pack held, ie 1yr! So 6GB @ 95 bucks for 1 yr! LOL.

Also now with 100 sms per day limit, are unlimited sms packs of any use?

pepps3484 said:
I guess we can not send sms to DND numbers from these sites. I tried sending one using way2sms and got pop up saying"Number is registered in DND, you can not send sms to this number' :mad:

Way2SMS is back to normal. Now you can send unlimited messages to any number(even those on the DND list).

:clap:

Back