Video Airtel dth or tatasky dth

think123

Disciple
hi,

finally decided to drop my cable connection and switch to dth but which one to go for this is a big confusion?

mostly need hindi channel ,looking for good pic quality and price,budget around 200rs/month.

only watching sd channel on lcd no hd channel needed.

seems tatasky and airtel are the best at present but which one to go for?

tatasky pros---good quality pic,good service

cons----using old mpeg2,tp issue,costly,sound not as good as airtel

airtel pros-----good quailty pic,good sound,mpeg4,universal remote,cheaper

cons---poor service

after comparing i feel like going for airtel but have heard lot of complaints regarding there cc service

also here after reading posts in this forum most people suggesting tatasky?

can anybody compare pic quality of airtel to tatasky?

i am so confused b/w these. pls some one guide.

Re: Airtel dth or tata(sky dth

If you are one of those who doesn't watch a lot of channels, go for Tata Sky. If you need to watch more channels, don't go for Tata Sky. You will regret it. Most of my friends ignored this advice and keep cursing Tata Sky. Not Tata Sky's fault - theirs really. Most are not able to decide if they watch a lot of channels - everyone thinks they watch only a few whereas the fact is otherwise. I don't watch TV - I only watch news channels. I don't have any issues with Tata Sky. My folks at home want more regional and devotional channels. They despise it.

PQ is more or less same, maybe Airtel is slightly better. Airtel is certainly cheaper. TS is very good for HD content, they always provide sports in HD whenever India is involved, they have the will but lack the TP space now, unlike many competitors who have TP space but lack the will. TS customer service is really good.

Anyway since you don't need HD channels, you can go for Airtel and save some cash and enjoy the universal remote.

thanks for inputs

actually i also donot watch much tv if i do watch i just watch sports and that too only if india match is there or some news etc,

the dth will mainly be used by my parents who only watch hindi channels,hindi news etc no english channels at all and moreover they also watch it only from 8:30pm only at time around dinner and close by 10-11pm so not much tv viewing in my home rest it is off whole day.

so more number of channel is not required its the pic quality of channel that my parents want and tv viewing is max 2hrs only so dont want to spend too much.

airtel seems better in my case but only worry is there poor cc service which we dont want to get in trouble with.

is the price difference in airtel and tata sky too much or it just few rs,because if price difference is just 10-20 rs and tatasky giving same pic as airtel with good service then i can go with tatasky.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

btw any news when tatasky will resolve there tp issue and switch to mpeg4

also are the present stb(non hd) provided by tatasky mpeg4 ready or we will need to replace it when they switch to mpeg4

will there be improvement in pic quality of sd channel if i use hd box compare to non hd stb?

^ TS issues with TP might be resolved by 2012 March is what I read in other forum. All boxes of TS, including non HD are now Mpeg-4 compatible, so you don't have to worry about that.

Regarding packs, you can take Supreme sports pack in TS which will cost you Rs 240/- and this will include common channels with 2 regional packs free, so you can add Hindi here. No English news, movies or entertainment channels will be available though.

^ya i have heard that big tv has best sd pic quality but not seen till now and cc service still remains an issue, i think will have to take a demo of all these dth and decide as everyone has different different opinion.

I think one should prefer an average product+good customer service rather than cheap(but more quantity) product+bad customer service. Tata Sky thumbs up.

http://m.timesofindia.com/india/Whi...-best-picture-quality/articleshow/9597942.cms

today read an article in TOI and it gives airtel dth as best dth provider at present and videocon d2h as most value for money dth.

it also says tata sky losing heavily to airtel,d2h,big tv due to high cost and lowest no. of channel offering and most signal loss in rains.

big tv is the only dth which has 1080p ready stb.

so best dth at present----airtel

EDIT:this article is misleading and incorrect so donot go by this

Article rates Airtel as best in customer care. lol, What a joke.

Airtel DTH has one of the worst customer care in Indian DTH space.

airtel customer service is s**t!! service wise tata is best and they have certain channels like fox crime and stuff others dont. reliance has mangled schemes.

That article is biased. IMHO, DishTV is best at least for SDTV. No idea about HDTV.

It's cheap, pic quality is nice and CC is responsive. It working well for me since many years! :hap2:

Go for Airtel if you want almost all channel, TS is little bit costlier in comparison to others, also Airtel HD dont have any space issue and possess more HD channels :)

If you are ready to spend a little bit more, close your eyes nad go with Tata Sky, their HD quality is awesome, although they are running out of space for new HD channels, but they will gonna sort this problem soon,

Back