Video Airtel DTH v/s Tata Sky v/s Videocon d2h ???

goodakash

Disciple
As the title says, which one is THE best ?

Heard that Airtel CC is crap.

Tata Sky is expensive.

Videocon has some over brightness related problems.

Will be majorly watching hindi/english channels like Star, ZeeTV, colors, NDTV, HBO, Star movies, AXN etc on my Sony Bravia 32" FullHD.

Don't want the monthly bill to be more than Rs.300

Actually, on paper, Videocon seems to be the best to me ! :huh:

Query 2 :

Do DTH stops working during rains ? :S

well airtel CC is crap,they don't pick up the phone after 12pm.they just hang up.no idea about videocon.
if u want the best picture quality u have to go with Big tv.their support isn't great either.

yes rains ,infact daek clouds effect DTH.

Tata sky is the best, their support is super awesome..their service franchises are also very very good..
Almost 3yrs with them, no problem at all:)
Infact they gave me 100mts cable 4months in advance for concealed wiring..

They are a bit expensive, but you can take the yearly package to keep costs under control..
Big tv especially is very crappy, its menu's look cartoonish..

Ya, Airtel CC is horrible, however their installation is very good. Also the installation guys give their numbers. You should call them up if you have any problems.
I got Airtel cause the set top box looks good and World Space radio :)

Thanks for your replies guyz !

So, I am inclined towards Tata Sky as CC is important in case we have a problem.

Only if airtel had a nice CC, I would have gone with them for sure.

Am living in Delhi BTW. If it rains for 2 days continuously, does that mean No TV for two days ?

goodakash said:
Thanks for your replies guyz !

So, I am inclined towards Tata Sky as CC is important in case we have a problem.
Only if airtel had a nice CC, I would have gone with them for sure.
Am living in Delhi BTW. If it rains for 2 days continuously, does that mean No TV for two days ?

Nope, in the whole of monsoon, my tata sky was off for half hour in total..that seriously is not an issue.. And it rains quite hard here in nagpur..

I would suggest you go with any of the mpeg4 DTH as it's slightly future proof in case of channel additions in future. I'm using BigTV myself, the PQ is great but their logo is very very irritating. I never needed support yet so can't comment on that. Never had an issue for about 10 months now.

Airtel would be a good option, they have good software and stuff. Don't know about support. Though normally in DTH, if installation is done properly, you hardly need any support.

EDIT : And that was my 200th post. :)

Never faced any issues with BigTV support either. Always good, plus the webworlds are also useful. Renewal was also done smoothly at home, and the on demand movies and schemes are sometimes very interesting. Only lacks the tatasky+ type feature.

if you are from delhi, then you can even try getting cable tv waala cable box..

pay 500 once and pay whatever monthly you want and you get MAXIMUM channels ! I have 3 of those boxes for my plasmas and quality is great..sound is better than dth.. infact the setup box have spdif output.. :D

See, even I want to go for MPEG4 tech as it sounds future proof, but currently only airtel and videocon are providing it. Don't have trust on videocon and losing my trust on airtel after reading about their CC services.

But on the other hand, I guess that I should not be making decision on the basis of customer support only !!

Our local cable wala is of no use. :D

Any experience on videocon ?

@countrock

How is your experience with airtel so far ?

goodakash said:
See, even I want to go for MPEG4 tech as it sounds future proof, but currently only airtel and videocon are providing it.

Dude, all new players are providing mpeg4.

Airtel, BigTV, Sun Direct, Videocon are already on mpeg4. Tata Sky+ and new Tata sky boxes are already mpeg4 ready, so that you don't have to change the box when TS finally migrates to mpeg4, whenever that is.

My suggestion would be to go for Airtel or BigTV.

Why are you focussing on mpeg4? Its not improving quality or anything? Why consider stupid things that are just marketing gimmics?
Not only is tata sky's service very good, its quality is awesome, its recharges are available almost everywhere, their service personnel are very good..

Tatasky by far the best especially when comes to CC no 2 ways about that

Big no no to Reliance Big and Airtel due to their CC :X

No idea about Videocon infact i would like to know from someone who is using.

Back