Video Airtel DTH versus TATA Sky Mini Shootout

Srini said:
Is it real, if we can watch 8 channels its an advantage for us. But never seen this feature in their ads.

well i have airtel digital tv and big tv so yes its an advantage since i saw the whole of formula1 which is available only in star sports and i havent subscribed ,reason for me not subscribing is that in big tv u will need to subscribe to star sports and espn for 6 months lock on at Rs 40/ month meaning which we should pay Rs240 outright just for the two channels.

Few more advantages I failed to list:

1) 4 Favorite Folders that can have upto 10 channels each

2) World Space Radio available

3) UTV Movies and UTV International Movies, MGM, and Hollywood1 for English Movies in addition to Star and HBO

the person posting this comparo is highly biased and blames ppl for being defensive for what they have. bias because the date that he/she has posted this comparo, tata sky has already come out with tata sky+ that provides much more to the end user than any other service has provided. talking about channel change speed and watching 6 channels at a time is a nice thing to have for say, a day or two but honestly, no one watches 6 channels at a time. NO ONE. there is no two ways about that. besides that the tata sky+ box looks awesome, has a much better quality remote(universal remote is good but not when its tacky plasticky chinese crap) and provides much more functionality over airtel. so sad this comparo doesnt have big tv in it. because big tv betters both and is a better all rounder when it comes to cost and performance. its sad that such biased comparos are lauded. sad

frankmehta said:
talking about channel change speed and watching 6 channels at a time is a nice thing to have for say, a day or two but honestly, no one watches 6 channels at a time. NO ONE. there is no two ways about that.

Assume that I am a cricket lover, world cup is going on, 3 matches are going on live on different channels, want to watch all the matches, what is the better way to watch?

Back