Airtel Edge on Iphone 2g @ FW2.0

rPOk

Adept
I've this problem. Ever since i migrated from Idea to Airtel on my iphone 2g with pwnd fw2.0, i've not been able to get edge working. I see 'E' icon. Since Airtel is a carrier for iphone, i don't see any APN settings in 'network' - i've heard it automatically selects airtel edge once activated.
I tried changing the carrier.plist but so far that method hasn't worked.

What else can i do? 'coz phone itself keeps on saying 'could not activate cellular data network. you are not subscribed to a cellular data service'

Any one on similar stuff experienced this problem before? If yes, what was the workaround?

EDIT: have enabled APN editing using Big Boss Prefs and got my .plist files for carrier and network preferences correct. Even now the Edge isn't working. Either Airtel edge is down, or still some prob.

you don't need to change any settings for aitrel gprs on fw 2.0

fw 2.x defaults to airtelgprs.com as the apn without any settings changes

just make sure your edge plan is active :p

If you are still stuck on it, install "APN Settings" app from cydia. I just found it today while browsing apps on cydia. :)

Well i was right..the stupid airtel chaps had yet not activated the service. Seems when i last called the cc, the chap must've been drunk enuf to tell me wrong status. Edge finally got activated today and is running great.

rPOk said:
Well i was right..the stupid airtel chaps had yet not activated the service. Seems when i last called the cc, the chap must've been drunk enuf to tell me wrong status. Edge finally got activated today and is running great.

Which plan are you on ? How much do you pay ?

rPOk said:
Airtel Corp plan-249 UL...For some companies they offer 99UL, 199UL. Get upto 200kbps speed

200 kbps ? :O Thats freaking unbeleivable! I dont know any one (in Mumbai atleast) who gets more than 40-50!!

Back