Airtel FUP annoying message

unixguru

Disciple
Every time I log in to Airtel Broadband, and start browsing I get redirected to http://122.160.230.125:8080/vta/redirectedPage.do. This is damn annoying. The funny thing is that the time interval between logging in, and this message appearing varies from a minute to a few hours. During, this time I get full 2 MBPS speed! Only after this message appears does the speed go down. This connection is in Chennai. My father pays 899. Neither he, nor the Airtel rep. actually know what plan my father is on! Does anyone know how to get rid of this stupid message every time, or better does anyone know how to exploit this to our favour?

IIRC, it appears only at two stages. 2-3 times at 80% of the data cap, once at 100% usage.

However, it's not just these messages. I also receive a SMS and email to remind me of my usage.

Damn pr1cks, if their shitty FUP wasn't enough already! :mad:

Well, it gives me a hard time when I try to get online with my PS3 as I have to close my game and see this annoying message first by opening the browser, don't know what Xbox 360 users do as it doesn't have a browser. Anyways, I have tried getting it disabled and failed miserably. Those ****s in customer care doesn't know anything about it.

gauravraw said:
Well, it gives me a hard time when I try to get online with my PS3 as I have to close my game and see this annoying message first by opening the browser.

thetoxicmind said:
IIRC, it appears only at two stages. 2-3 times at 80% of the data cap, once at 100% usage.

However, it's not just these messages. I also receive a SMS and email to remind me of my usage.

Damn pr1cks, if their shitty FUP wasn't enough already! :mad:

Wow, if only we recd notifications whenever the local traffic/police man or our neta took a bribe.

Airtel are actually needling you guys. These are the same chaps who revert the speeds to normal once threatened of a disconnection.

What nerve!

^ Quite frankly, I'm out of options. :(

BSNL - Disconnection issues, Rouge billing
YouBB - New heights of unreliability, Poor Infrastructure
Reliance - Poor feedback locally, connection feasibility

Looks like I will have to upgrade my plan, AGAIN. Currently browsing at the connection speed the Indian Govt. is proud of, the very definition of a broadband connection...256Kbps! Thank you FUP! :death:

Back