Airtel G PON unit configuration

ReVo_007

#techie
ex-Mod
Hey,
I have an Airtel connection at home, which comes with a shitty access point. Though range and performance is fine, but the router page itself doest open on latest browsers due to TLS 1.0 being used on it (This is very pissing off, and frankly I treat it as a security threat). Anyway, I got a Nokia G PON unit to replace it. I tried initially to just copy out the settings and trying, but it didn't work. I also reached out to Airtel, they arranged the local team to come, but they refused to set it up citing some reason which I do not subscribe to. Has someone tried this and been successful ? or is there a way I can get it to work by following up with Airtel ?

Airtel doesn't officially allow or support changing the GPON device by the end user. You can raise a request to either have Airtel change your device (which is free of cost) or enable bridge mode on your existing GPON to use with a better wifi router.

But you can replace the GPON device with your own, I experimented with this though ultimately gave up since it was not cost effective since I have multiple connections. To do this, you will also need to clone the serial number of the Airtel supplied GPON to your new GPON.

Airtel doesn't officially allow or support changing the GPON device by the end user. You can raise a request to either have Airtel change your device (which is free of cost) or enable bridge mode on your existing GPON to use with a better wifi router.
I had asked for Nokia at the time of installation. But the local providers said it's not available. Hence, taking the alternate route, I have raised the ticket, let's see.

Back