Airtel gprs schemes

Using Airtel GPRS 2 GB @ Rs. 98.00 on postpaid in Delhi.

Speed on GPRS:

Just to throw in the speed on WiFi:

Although in office and home I am constantly on WiFi, my non Wifi usage (K9/NewsRob mainly) eats around 200MB in a month. 2 GB@98 is the most economic plan to use with Airtel. All other plans are very costly. In Delhi, the most economic older plan was of Rs. 199.00 which provided only 100MB of data which you can still opt for.

And as for the speeds, I don't think they are any bad. For EDGE, I think they are quite good. I have checked many times. Maybe guys who are suffering from low speeds are testing it near towers where only GPRS is supported and not EDGE. In Delhi and NCR, Whereever I tested (not too many tests, but quite a few) I found that Airtel has EDGE almost all over the place here.

One question, can people on RC98 access the internet using IM applications or IMAP Mail App on the iPhone?

I recently got a Vodafone connection and I cannot connect via IM Apps or Mail App (working on IMAP), but CAN access all HTTP connections.

I have an Airtel connection and I am allowed to check the mail (IMAP) and connect to IM services but haven't gotten the RC98 pack as yet, so just wanted to clarify before going in for it that they DO allow this on the RC98 pack right?

As for the corporate connection, there is somebody whose offering me one, but I forgot to ask him the tariff plan and the monthly rental, could someone with a corporate connection clarify that?

Cheers.

Using Airtel GPRS 2 GB @ Rs. 98.00 on postpaid in Delhi.

Although in office and home I am constantly on WiFi, my non Wifi usage (K9/NewsRob mainly) eats around 200MB in a month. 2 GB@98 is the most economic plan to use with Airtel. All other plans are very costly. In Delhi, the most economic older plan was of Rs. 199.00 which provided only 100MB of data which you can still opt for.

And as for the speeds, I don't think they are any bad. For EDGE, I think they are quite good. I have checked many times. Maybe guys who are suffering from low speeds are testing it near towers where only GPRS is supported and not EDGE. In Delhi and NCR, Whereever I tested (not too many tests, but quite a few) I found that Airtel has EDGE almost all over the place here.

Hi , what's the APN for this ? I just got it activated and have an Android based phone as well .

This funny thing happened to me.

I activated the 98 plan. Then, I tried to surf the net with the same but still got charged. So, called the CustomerCare and even after explaining them umpteenth they say "You have been using Airtel Live instead of Mobile Office, so you are being charged." They made me change all the settings to put a new Access point.

After all this story I was still being charged so, I changed my access point to "Airtel Live" and voila it works without charges. I am able to download from Airtel Live for free too!!:bleh:

If you look on the second page of this thread you'll find that you can easily check your quota by dialing a service request number like *123#, I'd urge you to go through the thread.

Don't get me wrong, but I think you should read the thread yourself first before asking others to do it. The *123* series only works for Prepaid. Postpaid numbers do not have any such facility available.

I am using Airtel GPRS (mobile office) Rs 200 unlimited Per month and its working fine for me.. I am using this since last 3-4 years.. I am from Mumbai.. :)

Unfortunately they have stopped this plan. :)

@Anurag you are a lucky guy
a similar thing happened to me in the talk plan: rs 300 for 600 min local PM CLI free its no longer available in kolkata but i still use it :)
@Justin i am also looking for such facility on airtel poatpaid

Back