Airtel has suggested TRAI to reduce post-FUP speed to 64kbps

And not to mention, their usage counter was flawed ... Even though I didn't exhaust my limit (according to my router), Airtel reduced the speed to 512 kbps

After FUP, one more special step is needed, that is, division of speed on basis of caste.

MOBILE INTERNET-
4G and 5G for ST/SC quota. After exhaustion of data unlimited data with FUP.
3G for OBC quota. After exhaustion of data unlimited data with FUP
2G for general category for all other peoples. Money per MB data.

Wireline Broadband
1mbps and above for ST/SC quota. After exhaustion of data unlimited data with FUP.
512 kpbs for OBC quota. After exhaustion of data unlimited data with FUP.
256 kpbs for general category for all other peoples. Money per MB data.

After FUP, one more special step is needed, that is, division of speed on basis of caste.

MOBILE INTERNET-
4G and 5G for ST/SC quota. After exhaustion of data unlimited data with FUP.
3G for OBC quota. After exhaustion of data unlimited data with FUP
2G for general category for all other peoples. Money per MB data.

Wireline Broadband
1mbps and above for ST/SC quota. After exhaustion of data unlimited data with FUP.
512 kpbs for OBC quota. After exhaustion of data unlimited data with FUP.
256 kpbs for general category for all other peoples. Money per MB data.
facepalm. That's so retarded its not even funny. You hate reservations we get it but that comment makes no sense on this thread. Its irrelevant.

Last edited:
Nopes. Here in GGN, many high rise apartments only have the option of Airtel. Their cohort is 100% leak proof. My complex has a mother-of-all DTH dish mounted on the 20th floor terrace and that is the only option. The building management does not allow smalls dishes to be stapled to the walls or balconies. Same with broadband. Only an Airtel service line is the source of broadband. Either one uses that, or uses a worse off: dongle.

Airtel is a corrupt and monopolizing company.
if you couldnt convince your complex management to move out of airtel, then i pity your methods of objections.
things will start to move only when people act on the ground level.
convince the management to move to other operator, mass shifting preferred.
seeing the loss of customers, mass exodus, airtel would surely be made to rethink their strategies.

only money speaks.

if you couldnt convince your complex management to move out of airtel, then i pity your methods of objections.
seeing the loss of customers, mass exodus, airtel would surely be made to rethink their strategies.

only money speaks.
I believe the ISP, in this case Airtel, paid the management for exclusive rights to wired Internet services. I had similar experiences in my old govt. residential quarter in Delhi, the only ISP which everyone used was MTNL. I think there was a contract signature involved before we took up residence. Services and repairs were promt in my opinion though there was a breakdown once in a while.

only money speaks.

Thank you.

Aren't they already overcharging their customers for 3G. First they had 3G 1GB for 255 a month. Then it was same plan for 28 days. Now it is for 24 days and prices for 28 days is now 259.

Aren't they already overcharging their customers for 3G. First they had 3G 1GB for 255 a month. Then it was same plan for 28 days. Now it is for 24 days and prices for 28 days is now 259.
Overcharging? Not really, because other operators offer similar rates. But costly plan, yes.

Don't worry TRAI will never lower the limit to 64 Kbps.
instead government want to increase the limit to 2 Mbps in near future.

"To revise the existing broadband download speed of 256 Kbps to 512 Kbps and
subsequently to 2 Mbps by 2015 and higher speeds of at least 100 Mbps thereafter
"

Don't worry TRAI will never lower the limit to 64 Kbps. instead government want to increase the limit to 2 Mbps in near future.

"To revise the existing broadband download speed of 256 Kbps to 512 Kbps and subsequently to 2 Mbps by 2015 and higher speeds of at least 100 Mbps thereafter".
The joke.

Last edited:
Good move from the .Service provider perspective.

They should also accept minimum speed Guarantee that they will give to customers. All the charges will be waived or refunded for the period they have any breakdown, Speed drops etc.

Currently as per airtel website minimum broadband speed offered is 16 Mbps in Bangalore but I get only 8 Mbps in my area as their network doesn't support 16 Mbps.

But they charge same as what they charge for others with full speed. With their logic i should pay only half the rent than.

Back