Airtel imposes 25gb fup for customers under double speed/hungama offer - help !!! :@

trojanman

Disciple
Jun 29, 2007
Re: Airtel imposes 25gb fup for customers under double speed/hungama offer - help !!

I have been receiving an error/warning page each time I login and open any page for the last 2-3 days. It says I've exceeded the 5GB limit for this month, which is no way correct! I had checked it last week itself and it was only around 3GB. This is the first time I'm getting this warning and I doubt it has something to do with the mad bump in speeds I've been receiving for the last 10-12 days. Btw, my plan is Surf 798 NU, with 5GB limit between 8am-10pm.

And, is anybody able to login to their accounts? I wanted to check my usage but their system seems to be down for upgrade.

shady8701

Disciple
Apr 5, 2010
Re: Airtel imposes 25gb fup for customers under double speed/hungama offer - help !!

Pardon my ignorance but whats FUP.
:S

crossbow

Mond Mond Ja Ja
Adept
Jul 20, 2009
Hyderabad/Surat

Fair Usage Policy : FUP

Means You are given unlimited data transfer, but with some cap applied. (

For Example, this Airtel 1299 turbo plan.

- You have 512kbps day speed and 1Mbps night speed. WITH 100 GB FUP limit. Once you reach 100 GB limit speed will be decreased to half of original. and in some cases to lower than half also.

comp@ddict

Skilled
Apr 25, 2009
Manipal
about.me

Funny thing is, my speed has been upgraded to 1Mbps but my FUP hasn't changed. Infact I've downloaded nearly 80GB i guess no speed throtlling.

anfjavid

Skilled
Dec 16, 2006

comp@ddict said:
Funny thing is, my speed has been upgraded to 1Mbps but my FUP hasn't changed. Infact I've downloaded nearly 80GB i guess no speed throtlling.
We should not be excited by this behaviour of airtel. Anytime they may FUP it without any notification at which point we must be ready to kick their a**....

sphinx00

Disciple
May 27, 2010

ahh.. so its with everybody.

I am using airtel 1299 plan and it used to have 100GB FUP but those a**h***s reduced me to 25FUP without even notifying me.

"For the rest of you billing cycle you will be getting the revised speed as per Airtel's fair usage policy."

CC is helpless. They want me to shoot an email to 121@airtel.in regarding this. I have no idea hows that going to help.

adi_vastava

Code Game Code F**K
Adept
Feb 23, 2010

Hathway, No please, I used it in past.

In Bangalore its pretty useless in peak time. It reduced to 1/2 the d/l speed and their TSE has no clue on how t happens and how to rectify it. Additionally U/L speed (required for video meetings) is way below than the typical airtel connection. Also they do not test their speed with speedtest, they always told me to download from MS or Apple nd if it is 70-75% of total speed, IT IS GOOD. WTF

comp@ddict

Skilled
Apr 25, 2009
Manipal
about.me

sphinx00 said:
ahh.. so its with everybody.

I am using airtel 1299 plan and it used to have 100GB FUP but those a**h***s reduced me to 25FUP without even notifying me.

"For the rest of you billing cycle you will be getting the revised speed as per Airtel's fair usage policy."

CC is helpless. They want me to shoot an email to 121@airtel.in regarding this. I have no idea hows that going to help.
Umm, have u tried restarting your model 5-6 times rapidly, then let it connect after 5 minutes. works for me 90% of the time