airtel iphone data plan

rPOk

Adept
Jan 24, 2006
I just shifted to airtel corporate post paid. For data i was wondering if i could take their 'official iphone 3g data plan' which is free upto 500mb/month. Only clause being my iphone is 2g jailbroken and unlocked to 2.0 firmware. :p
Can i do it? coz when i called customer care, he told me 'you are eligible for iphone data plan, since you have an iphone' :p

Pat

Skilled
Oct 11, 2007
Mumbai
www.inspeero.com
rPOk said:
I just shifted to airtel corporate post paid. For data i was wondering if i could take their 'official iphone 3g data plan' which is free upto 500mb/month. Only clause being my iphone is 2g jailbroken and unlocked to 2.0 firmware. :p
Can i do it? coz when i called customer care, he told me 'you are eligible for iphone data plan, since you have an iphone' :p

I dont think so. You could try your luck. Probably he/she meant that you can use the paid "data plans for iPhone" which are ridiculously priced. 399/- pm for 100 MB IIRC !

I dont think they will offer you free data services for 1 year, thats only for new iPhone 3Gs :bleh:

ReNaGAde

Adept
Aug 22, 2006
I had also called them up and asked for the free data service but they said that's only for Airtel locked Iphone 3G's which they have sold and have an account of. Browsing speeds on the Iphone 3G on EDGE are very decent though.

rPOk

Adept
Jan 24, 2006
Yeah...am already on a cheap talk plan (for corporates)...i dont want any expensive iphone talk plans....i just wanted to see if i could get a free 500mb/month data plan :p Let's see where i get to - a representative will call me tomm...