Video Airtel IPTV - It roxxxx!!!!!

Today i got my Airtel IPTV connection installed.
Previously i was using Hathway 1mbps unlimited conn & Videocon D2H.
Was pissed off with the downtimes of Hathway.
So thought of shifting over to Airtel.
When i spoke with 1 of the Airtel Reps he offered me a Triple Play plan which incld:
Land Line with 100 pulse free
IPTV with 139 ch & time shift on 41 ch
1mbps unlimited (100GB FUP)

All these for a total cost of Rs.1899 pm.

So appled for the connection on the 5th of April. Paid Rs.2250 for installation.
After waiting for 5 days finally got the connection installed.
B4 the connection was installed i read a few reviws on the internet that IPTV wasnt that gud.Main concerns were:
1>White ugly remote
2>Slow & unfriendly UI
3>Time taken to change channels
4>Audio & pic quality

After i got the connection 2day i found :
1>Remote has been replaced with the 1 that they supply with Airtel DTH
2>I liked the UI & grouping of channels, cud be a bit slow but can live with it.
My Dish TV STB was slower.
3>There is not much lag while changing channels.
4>Pic quality is comparable to Videocon D2H. I'm using my LG 22" Monitor TV and find the pic quality gud. Nothing to complain bout here.
Audio quality is ok though treble is a tad higher than my liking, have resolved that by using EQ.

Aslo IPTV doesnt lag while downloading torrents at full speed (both D/L & U/L)

If u have any queries plz lemme know.

for that price it is good.. I have to inquire about this in Airtel Bangalore. Hope it feasible at my location.

here is the link:
Code:
http://www.airtel.in/IP-TV/iptv_packages_freedom_1mbps.html

1>Remote has been replaced with the 1 that they supply with Airtel DTH
u mean to say that they changed it after u requested them to or just they did it on their own?

also noticed that u had a videocon D2H which u think is best VFM? as my only problem right now is that i cant switch my airtel plan to 1mbps :( now m using DishTV - which has so much lag and u know that zzzzzarring in b/w channels pixelation feels like it gets low bandwidth in total

bandaid said:
u mean to say that they changed it after u requested them to or just they did it on their own?

prev they were giving the white remote which had some probs.
so they hav stopping providing that remote and now r giving this.

Do post some more impressions and screenshots of the iptv mate, share some more experiences about recording the feed and the time shift feature.

Tech_enthu said:
Do post some more impressions and screenshots of the iptv mate, share some more experiences about recording the feed and the time shift feature.

sorry cannot post pics as i dont have a cam.

Timeshift is gr8. Currently there r 41 Ch available in time shift.
for these 41ch u can view any prog that was broadcast in the past 7 days.
also u can pause live tv & reverse live tv.
lot of movies to choose from in Airtel Live.
Overall very happy with IPTV.

Hey Hellgate I am confused what to go for Airtel IPTV or DTH. Currently I am on 1099 521 UL plan of Airtel and just saw on their website that I can opt for Magic@Home Value which gives me 139 channels along with 512 kbps speed.

Now my questions are:

1. Can I connect my CRT and LCD with the IPTV box and use Internet on my comp (both seperate).

2. Does TV streaming counts in the 100GB FUP?

Roxtin said:
Hey Hellgate I am confused what to go for Airtel IPTV or DTH. Currently I am on 1099 521 UL plan of Airtel and just saw on their website that I can opt for Magic@Home Value which gives me 139 channels along with 512 kbps speed.

Now my questions are:

1. Can I connect my CRT and LCD with the IPTV box and use Internet on my comp (both separate).
YES you can.
Roxtin said:
2. Does TV streaming counts in the 100GB FUP?
The PC bandwidth is different so 100GB is only for the PC usage

Hmm my current plan is Turbo 1099 which gives me 512kbps speed so i think going for the Magic@Home Value would be better as it is just 999/- and would give me access to both TV and Comp at a cheaper rate and no extra cost?

Any cons for IPTV??

Now let me see if we have this IPTV available in Ghaziabad :p just been enlightened by a friend that IPTV is not available everywhere in NCR.

Back