Airtel IPTV Questions

deepankar143

Disciple
Hey friends,
I have recently installed Airtel IPTV. I am with their 999 plan which includes 256kbps unlimited internet and 139 channels.The airtel guy told me that for TV they have a separate 8Mbps line.
I just want to know if anyone has tried running internet from the 8Mbps line?

dantool said:
there's no 8Mbps plan available for iptv users.

U didn't get me.
I am saying there is separate line for running TV which is an 8Mbps line. This IPTV line has no connection with the broadband plan included in the 999 plan or any other package offered by airtel.

That 8mbps line is probably used for local streaming of the TV from you nearest Airtel servers. That does not have anything to do with your Broadband connection. And NO, you can NOT run internet from that line.

The 8 Mbps line is a separate private virtual circuit (PVC) from your set t op box to the airtel's data center and hence cannot be used for internet access.

i use airtel iptv and it SUCKS!

this 8mbps line is way to slow, this has to be at least 17mbps for streaming mpeg4/dvbs2 and over 24mbps for high defination mpeg4.this clearly means that airtel iptv is never going to support hd stream :[

da man said:
i use airtel iptv and it SUCKS!
this 8mbps line is way to slow, this has to be at least 17mbps for streaming mpeg4/dvbs2 and over 24mbps for high defination mpeg4.this clearly means that airtel iptv is never going to support hd stream :[

Don't worry dude. Still now we don't have HD feeds and as soon as they arrive in India, I am sure that Airtel will be the first to upgrade to it. And for the current feeds on Airtel IPTV, the Airtel people are continuously working to improve the service of its IPTV.
Every new thing has some glitches. Agree or not??;)

not at all!! Fox History and Entertainment is 720p, Discovery travel and living is 720p, News X is also in hd but dunno what resolution, there are upcomming channels of NAT GEO which would be telecasted in hd [Nat Geo Wild, Nat Geo Music, Nat Geo Adventure and Nat Geo HD] theres another telgu and tamail channel which is brodcasted in hd.
but for now there are only 2 companies which provide HD set top boxes, one is reliance iptv and another is sun direct hd dth[sun direct hd's set top box is of samsung unlike airtel iptv which comes with a chinese one]

Back