AirTel Menace!

Hey guys, I am Home128 plan of Airtel. It used to connect at 160kbps(it still does for some ppl), but mine stopped connecting at 160kbps 2-3 days ago, now it connects at 128kbps as its supposed to. I used to get 14-15KBps dload speeds, previously(when on 160kbps), after the shift to 128kbps my dload speeds dropped to 12-13KBps. But since evening, My dload speeds have dropped to 5-6KBps. As expected I called up the customer care b******s and yelled at them, they give me some IP which apparently has a bandwidth testing program, and the results were overwhelming :| , well I have attached the results, I ran it twice to make sure. ANy1 else on AirTel have had same problems?? I feel ripped off :(

Ho0ligaN said:
Hey guys, I am Home128 plan of Airtel. It used to connect at 160kbps(it still does for some ppl), but mine stopped connecting at 160kbps 2-3 days ago, now it connects at 128kbps as its supposed to. I used to get 14-15KBps dload speeds, previously(when on 160kbps), after the shift to 128kbps my dload speeds dropped to 12-13KBps. But since evening, My dload speeds have dropped to 5-6KBps. As expected I called up the customer care b******s and yelled at them, they give me some IP which apparently has a bandwidth testing program, and the results were overwhelming :| , well I have attached the results, I ran it twice to make sure. ANy1 else on AirTel have had same problems?? I feel ripped off :(

yeah the speeds have dropped slightly here too.. but i get 12-14.. never goes below that

post that ip address please

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 121
:(

Your current bandwidth reading is:

125.80kbps
Retest
which means you can download at 15.72 KB/sec. from our Network to your last mile provision.

hmm I think the only *logical* explanation is that airtel discriminates between websites :eek:hyeah:. Seriously though, do you think it's possible? ;)

Ho0ligaN said:

:( I only get 8-10 KBps nothing more.
I did their so called speed test shows about 90 kbps
I called them up today, was told me that the minimum speed that we can expect is around 30kpbs I am like wtf??? :mad:

bandwidthplace.com
I get only 35 :mad:

Back