Airtel NOP issue

Malevolent

Disciple
i got a nokia 3220(s40v3 i believe), i can browse though the inbuilt browser but java apps apps can't access the internet, Opera Mini doesn't work. Are there any specific setting i need to make?

Pat said:
For accessing internet on java apps, you need MO (Mobile Office). NOP will not work.

NOP does not work on Socket, but works with HTTP connections.

Instead of Socket, choose HTTP in the Opera Mini settings. And then try network setup again.

@malevolent U can use java programs to access net using NOP. I am using it myself on my Nokia 5300. U just have to send a file to ur phone using.
U can get the file and info on what to do at hotshot05.page.tl(my site).

Malevolent said:
how can i send the file? my phone only has the data cable option? what application should i be using?

thanks for the replies.

I think ur phone has infrared. Try using a phone which has infrared(Like Nokia 5300, E51, Sony Ericsson K750i etc) to send the file to ur phone. If none of ur friends or relative's has a phone which has infrared, go to ur neighbourhood phone seller and see if he allows to use such a phone. Otherwise go to the grey market and let them send the file to ur phone.

Hope this helps.

^^
What exactly did u mean when u said that the settings did not show up?

After sending the .prov file to ur phone and accepting the file, go to Settings->Configuration->Default config settings and select "Airtel JAVA"(Select Ok when it says "No supported applications"). Then click on "Activate default in all applications".
Now u are set to use NOP in 3rd party applications.

Maybe u are not sending the file to t phone in the right way. Are u using a Bluetooth dongle or another Bluetooth enabled phone to send the file?

hotshot05 said:
After sending the .prov file to ur phone and accepting the file, go to Settings->Configuration->Default config settings and select "Airtel JAVA"(Select Ok when it says "No supported applications").

This is the problem. I sent the file using a BT dongle and using the BT Object Push service but it just didn't show up. In the settings where Mobile Office and Airtel Live shows up.

^^
Are u sure u are using the Object Push service instead of the File manager to send the file?(BTW which phone do u use?)

If u are still unable to send the file properly to ur phone, use another Bluetooth enabled phone.
Put the .prov file on a memory card(using a card reader or data cable. Its best to avoid using a Bluetooth dongle to do this), put the card in a Bluetooth enabled phone and send the file to ur phone.
I have used both the methods to send the file and on both occasions, the settings were properly delivered and they are working fine.

hotshot05 said:
^^
Are u sure u are using the Object Push service instead of the File manager to send the file?(BTW which phone do u use?)

Yes

Dude I'm not lame to not get the difference. BTW I use a Nokia 3120 Classic. And the Airtel guys have blocked off my CC access.

I was just making sure u were not a member of the lame guys club. ;-)

Why dont u use another Bluetooth enabled phone to send the file?

If u are unable to contact CC, call from a friend's Airtel mobile and ask CC why u are unable to call CC from ur no. They will rectify the problem. Atleast they did so when I called from my brother's no.

hotshot05 said:
I was just making sure u were not a member of the lame guys club. ;-)

Why dont u use another Bluetooth enabled phone to send the file?

If u are unable to contact CC, call from a friend's Airtel mobile and ask CC why u are unable to call CC from ur no. They will rectify the problem. Atleast they did so when I called from my brother's no.

Thanks for the efforts man but I ran outta patience and disabled NOP. But still thanks for the settings.

Back