Airtel poor latency from past 10 days

blufox

Adept
Guys,

I am noticing appreciable lag while playing TF2 to Sg/Malaysia/Tw/Aus servers.
Even though net_graph shows me latency in 80s or 90s, it is still very very evident and makes playing difficult.

Also, sometimes latency jump to 200s or 300s ms and it is not at all playable.

Is anyone else facing this?
Which ISP is best to get good low latency to servers located in east Asia?

Plan :- FUPtel's 2Mbps UL ( note no FUP for me ).

Thanks,

How no FUP for you alone :mad: :mad:.

Do not call the customer care they are n00bs just hit a strong mail to Appellate authority and Nodal officers and expect a reply in less than 48 hours.I stopped calling customer care ages ago and for every issue i write a mail.

Metalspree said:
How no FUP for you alone :mad: :mad:.

Do not call the customer care they are n00bs just hit a strong mail to Appellate authority and Nodal officers and expect a reply in less than 48 hours.I stopped calling customer care ages ago and for every issue i write a mail.

Some of us are on their older 2Mbps plans with no FUP.

Edit: @blufox, pings for Starhub have gone from 90-100 to 500. Excruciatingly unplayable.

Metalspree said:
I was on 2 Mbps plan but reduced it to standard when i left to NZ now i am paying 2.2K for 150B FUP :cry: :cry:.

Hehe, I pay 1400 for 2Mbps true UL. I am using this connection for close to 3 years now.

So, looks like Airtel is going down the drain. One thing which was known good with Airtel was nice pings to East Asian servers.

@Metalspree, do you have an email ID I can contact directly?

Thanks,

blufox said:
Hehe, I pay 1400 for 2Mbps true UL. I am using this connection for close to 3 years now.

So, looks like Airtel is going down the drain. One thing which was known good with Airtel was nice pings to East Asian servers.

Actually, the pings have shot up ever since their Network Outage due to the fire in Mumbai. Most of the Mumbai/Pune broadband conns were down for a couple of days. Ever since they're back up, speeds are okay, but the routing is VERY messed up.

Powersurge said:
Actually, the pings have shot up ever since their Network Outage due to the fire in Mumbai. Most of the Mumbai/Pune broadband conns were down for a couple of days. Ever since they're back up, speeds are okay, but the routing is VERY messed up.

I think this is a lame excuse from Airtel. The fire broke up last week and the ping issue is prevelant a week before that incident.

I doubt that fire is the cause.

Though, if it is wth is taking them ages to fix it? Add to this, they did not even ack any such issue via their twitter account. Disappointing .

Well to be honest, I wasn't having a ping issue pre-fire, 80 ping to Starhub. Today though, getting a facestabbed by a spy made me notice my ping was WAY high, haha.

It is taking them ages to fix this though, agreed. And don't bother tweeting at them. I've done it, and the most you get is a usual canned response saying they'll contact you. Which never happens. As Metalspree noted earlier, an email to the Nodal officer usually gets positive results. I'll be sending them an email tomorrow if this continues myself.

Back