Airtel Refused Connection

raj_pol

Skilled
These buggers refused a connection saying they have no vacant slots (I dunno what exactly they mean) in my area. What to do? Can it be escalated to a higher level? Any other service providers worthy in Bangalore?BSNL has too big a waiting time.

Ya it happens.Theres nothing you can do or they! You can wait until they increase the slots which may take a month to forever.

Now you best bet would be to take Tata WiMax Broadband!

BTW,in which area are you located?

raj_pol said:
These buggers refused a connection saying they have no vacant slots (I dunno what exactly they mean) in my area. What to do? Can it be escalated to a higher level? Any other service providers worthy in Bangalore?BSNL has too big a waiting time.

What it means is that they have a fixed number of slots they can allot for the area. My area can have only 64 Tataindicom connections. So I couldn't get an additional one. It is actually a good thing, they are not selling bandwidth they cannot provide. Only option is to wait till they can provide more connections, or an existing customer cancels their connection.

shashank_re said:
Ya it happens.Theres nothing you can do or they! You can wait until they increase the slots which may take a month to forever.

Now you best bet would be to take Tata WiMax Broadband!

BTW,in which area are you located?
New BEL Road Opp to Ramaya Hospital..Thanks for the info. I will check the tata option

Edit: Reviews of both tata and reliance wimax are very bad

raj_pol said:
New BEL Road Opp to Ramaya Hospital..Thanks for the info. I will check the tata option

Edit: Reviews of both tata and reliance wimax are very bad

A friend has a Tata Wimax 256 kbps...he gets ~30KBps dl speed. Over a month now...no downtime.

:) It is an irony...I am in Bangalore and I cannot manage a bloody broadband connection.
Thet tata guys are willing to give me broadband connection (they are providing only wimax in Bangalore)..
Minimum for 3 months is 3700 around(256kbps +500 installation)
What say peeps? Shall I bite the bullet?

Go for BSNL UL1350 if u r prepared to wait for 1-3 month to get your connection.
Else go for Tata Indicomm if you cant wait for that long (I dont have any personel experiance with TATA so cant say if its good or bad !:p ).

raj_pol said:

I have to say that they have been honest and made sure that you didnt keep any more expectations. There are some sales agents that sell the plan before checking if there's any availability in the first place, this creates more problem in getting rebate (which never happens) or getting a suitable plan. So whoever the bugger is has done a good length to inform you. I doubt escalating to a supervisor will do anything because in most domestic call centres- why wouldnt they give connection-thats how they earn salary. the so called supervisors are simply an agent next to him, no point in escalating. Dont blame the agents, the company itself tells the agency to do like this.

My opinion, search for an alternate.

^^I am not angry at the agents honesty...fact is airtel is doing good by maintaining the no of connections ...a good overall exp for customer results..I am angry at the fact that in India's IT capital we have a shortage of connections and we all know about the services of the rest..Tata Indicom, Reliance and Sify are like b grade horror movies (not even Ramu's standard :) )

raj_pol said:
^^I am not angry at the agents honesty...fact is airtel is doing good by maintaining the no of connections ...a good overall exp for customer results..I am angry at the fact that in India's IT capital we have a shortage of connections and we all know about the services of the rest..

This has nothing to do with banglore being India's IT capital. Just business.

They are not going to buy a new DSLAM just for you, maybe if lot more ppl want the connection they might.

Looks like Bangalore is not the broadband capital also
Tata indicom is wooing customers with 3 MONTHS free broadband connection, this offer only in Blore. maybe they are not having many takers here

You are in the IT capital thats why.Bangalore has the highest number of broadband subscribers in india! Due to this high demand you are unable to get the connection.

As i said before DONT COMPARE TATA WIMAX WITH TATA WIRED BROADBAND

Tata had problems because of their bad installation.Like they used to connect the wire through electric poles,trees! etc.Which results in cable cut.

You must be knowing that Tata has one the highest bandwidth in india compared to other operators.

^^Shasank..you seem to have an inclination towards Tata Wimax...any solid reason why?My queries were because of user responses towards tata wimax(not broadband) which are not good...do a google search and you will know why...I just do not want to throw away 4k hard earned money down the drain....:)Thanks for all the inputs

No dude i dont have any inclination towards Tata. Infact iam also an Airtel BB subscriber(check in my sig). I said Tata because you dont have any other BETTER choice.Do you?

I had already seen your sig..:) You have written in bold not to compare wimax and tata landline..that is why I asked the reason...thanks anyways..let's see what can be done

Sorry for digging up an old thread....

:hap2: Had a happy ending to my story..

Finally got the airtel 384kbps connection yesterday....:clap::clap:

Back