Video Airtel STB on DISH TV??

reddead

Adept
i have been a Dish TV customer for many years now, i recently borrowed my cousin's Airtel STB and card...
it was unused from many months so i got a 200 rs recharge to check if it will work on my Dish or not....
but i cant get it to work....:(
any help???

you have to adjust the antenna for correct satelite,

call up cc of failtel and ask them to send engineer for readjusting dish to new satellite.

but the stb is not newly bought and also it doesnot belong to me....why will they provide a free service

and i heard their service is really bad...how much time will they take to send some 1?

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk

^^ They charge 100 rupees per visit.

Their telephonic customer care is really bad. but will respond quickly if you send a sms "HELP" without quotes to 54325 from registered mobile number.

Is there any1 in the building with a Airtel Dish? If yes, then you can take a wire out from their STB to yours, and use their dish, kind of a daisy chain.

Or if you can manually align the dish similar to another airtel dish, then no need to call Airtel.

^yep there is airtel dish but the wires have bolted on terrece and also i dont know them very well...

i tried to set the direction acc to that dish but when i check signal it says locked and lnb settings are confusing....

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk

pratikb said:
ha ha.... and their so called Engineers...Call them up and tell them to adjust the direction It will work. Airtel Dish Antenna is bigger in size so it catches beter signal. I have both DishTV and Airtel with two different Dish antenna. I like DishTV for the chanels like KBS DW and NHK which are not there in others. But again I like Airtel because it has resume facility means, after power failure it comes back to the channel and volume level that you were watching (Unlike Ata/MaidaSky where after power resume you have to listen to there Adds).

called airtel today....they sent a man in a few hours

he changed the lnb (costed 150).....

everythings up now!

total damage 250 (150+100)

Back