Airtel - Suspected of Cheating on Data

raj_pol

Skilled
Hi All,

I have taken a new airtel connection - 40 MBPS with 100 GB data cap. Now I am suspicious of isp's so I had installed a network monitoring tool for both me and my wife. Our total came to around 60 GB whereas airtel shows around 85 GB used. Has anyone faced such issues before? Are they cheating?

p.s. A few GB more could have been used in both our mobiles which would be minimal and I am not monitoring the same.

Now I am suspicious of isp's so I had installed a network monitoring tool for both me and my wife. Our total came to around 60 GB whereas airtel shows around 85 GB used.
How are you measuring and for long have you been measuring ?

One month isn't enough. Do it for a quarter. Try different measuring tools.

Has anyone faced such issues before? Are they cheating?
i've been with airtel since 2006 in blr, not noticed any cheating.

Tendency to add packages that were never asked for can occur. Calls asking to switch to packages that aren't always in your favour happens. But otherwise the figures have been good.

Of late the connection has been stellar. Not a single disconnect in over two months. Earlier it would happen at least ten times a day.

p.s. A few GB more could have been used in both our mobiles which would be minimal and I am not monitoring the same.
25gb more is unlikely.

@raj_pol - How are you consuming the internet? Over Wifi or a wire to your and your wife's desktop/laptop. If over wifi are all devices equipped with a counter? Are you considering both upload and download data?

Please elaborate.

@prabs and @blr_p Yup mine is over wire and wife is wifi. Yes all devices are equipped with a counter and the counter measures both uploads and downloads and I have details down to each day. So. I am not sure where the gap is. Let me measure the same for 1 more month and then check.

Hi All,

I have taken a new airtel connection - 40 MBPS with 100 GB data cap. Now I am suspicious of isp's so I had installed a network monitoring tool for both me and my wife. Our total came to around 60 GB whereas airtel shows around 85 GB used. Has anyone faced such issues before? Are they cheating?

that can be the area of concern.. mobile, whatsapp autodownload, system updates, youtube.. would have taken your remaining GB's

Back