AIRTEL - The new face of CONSUMER ENEMY #1

my experience with airtel.

luckily its not related to broadband.

i was using mobile and dth services for last 4 yrs of mobility and 1 yr or so for dth.

after numerous network issues,i finally opted for mnp way.

those buggers did beg a lot but so far i have stayed out of their offers.

today i completed airtel ouster from my family.

got rid of dth also.

so no more Airtel(should be named f**ktel)

sorry if its offensive but its not worth.

their so called CC is just bunch of morons who are brain washed.

luckily for broadband,i have bsnl.

its pretty nice service.

happy with it so far over last 3 yrs.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

and for those in mumbai,

tata indicom is amazing with their adsl .

at my mumbai place,i use their Adsl line which has 1000 rs per month charge with 8 pm to 8 am unlimited at 2 mbps.

absolutely no downtime and speed is as per advrt.

never had to complain about speed.

only complaints , i had was non delivery of paper bills,

but that also ,i opted for e bills.

so far happy with tata adsl.

get it if its available at your area.

glad to see many people have faced this and sorted out.. yeah it's tru they will be more than willing to disconnect so that they can give the connection to someone new(FUPed haha)

lets see, if in 3 months I'm still in New Delhi(i pray thee, my gf prays too :p) then ...

I'm really appalled at the sorry state of broadband service and speed in our country.

While studying at Lancaster University one of best news was hostel residents get a free net connection. Speeds were in the tune of 500kbps to 1MBytes /s.

I'm recalling year 1999. We are living in the year 2011 and talk about progress. Is this progress ???

The attitudes of politicians is reflecting on the corporate sector. As long as politicians turn a blind eye towards the misery of its people nothing is going to be solved.

blackperl said:
Well for delhi ,MTNL is the best,using from last 3 years only got 2 time disconnected as the cable was cut but problem solved withing 4-5 hours,speed is stable n unlimited means unlimited there.
using 1 mbps unlimited plan with 120gb -140 GB /month.
in any case no need to talk to cc,talk direct to officer to MTNL n you will get direct reply and action :)
i took my MTNL Phone + Broadband 1mpbs connection in less than 3 hours, filled in the form, paid Rs.500/- took the work order slip to the zonal officer, he passed the order, then took some 30 mins for the line man to get modem configured & wire, took him on my bike home & within next 30 mins or so the phone line was connected, after an hour got a call from customer care that my telephone line was active, then just plugged in my modem & voila.

MTNL ZINDABAD, HATHWAY MURDABAD !!!!!!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Kuantum said:
I'm really appalled at the sorry state of broadband service and speed in our country.

While studying at Lancaster University one of best news was hostel residents get a free net connection. Speeds were in the tune of 500kbps to 1MBytes /s.

I'm recalling year 1999. We are living in the year 2011 and talk about progress. Is this progress ???

The attitudes of politicians is reflecting on the corporate sector. As long as politicians turn a blind eye towards the misery of its people nothing is going to be solved.
definitely we have progressed, from 1cr scam to 2000cr scam.

we'll talk about this at lunch table, discuss this in forums, watch it in the news & during the time of election we will not vote, then again the cycle begins, curse the government for another 5 years.

even i was also the frustrated user of airtel.they put fup of 5 gb in my 512 kbps and reduced my speed to 64 kbps.i was paying them 440 with 100 min call free.i month passed like this(had applied for disconnection).after my billing period of 2nd month finished they disconnected ny net.
the bill i received was of -491 rs.when i enquired they told me that i willl get a cheque of 491rs :eek:hyeah: from them.received yesterday after two month but the cheque was of 211 rs only :mad: .then recived another bill oday in which they charged 280rs for other usage.:huh:.i had only paid 300 for installation 3-4 years back.they even didn't took their modem and phone back.:D

I had to give in to Aritel's FUP and upgraded my plan to 1699 40GB one. I'm almost reaching my limit in around 25-27 days. I want to go for the 1799 4mbps 50gb plan but they are not offering it here right now :(

It would have been fine if the speed reduction was min 512kbps but 256kbps is just a joke! It was slow even 6 years back and now with websites etc. getting more heavy it has become almost unusable.

Guess we just have to live with it for now!

Back