Airtel's new plan

random2

Adept
Got a call from Airtel today. (Right now on 384kbps UL for 999+tax)

The girl offered 484kbps for Rs.1149 + tax
Was damm pissed and shouted her off.

Now I think airtel will have plans for every 10kbbps increments. This is the height of exploitation ive seen.

and all this considering mtnl has 512kbps unlimited for 800 bucks!! actually the plan is Rs. 1300 , but the plan has 500 pulse as well.

racy1 said:
So now its ~ 250 bucks extra for each 100kbps increment... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Its 150 :p

countrock said:
what do u mean by 500 pulse?:huh:

Should be free telephone calls on the landline.

But this is really stupid of Airtel. They'd rather offer 512 kbps for 1200 + tax.

IMO, anything more than 1k is too much for broadband. We are getting paltry bandwidth for a very high premium.

And look at the offer. When the whole world is talking in Mbits, they call and offer 100kbps for 150 more. I dont know about others, but it was the rarest of occasions when I got really angry and shouted at someone.

......using 1mbps UL for 2222/- no issues at all whatso ever, I dont use my machine as a 24/7 dl, its only on at night though. Once the Power Cuts are reduced in Pune, I will go back to 512. I dont see a need for me to be on 1Mbps.

nfsfan said:
and all this considering mtnl has 512kbps unlimited for 800 bucks!! actually the plan is Rs. 1300 , but the plan has 500 pulse as well.

+1 to that. I'm on the same plan. I get ~50KB/s max on torrents, 55 occasionally.
Although I'm seeing speeds upto ~120KB/s since morning.

@nfsfan - what speeds do you get?

i have the airtel NU plan running till now.thinkin of moving to mtnl though.. i get 60-65 at the night time between 8 pm to 8am....

costs me 450 bucks..which includes 100 calls.

do u think switching to mtnl is worth it?

Before this I was on MTNL 749 NU which had 2mbps. The issue was I needed UL access at day time aswell and my bill use to reach up to 2500 almost everytime.

Then I came across my current plan 512kbps UL 24*7 + 500 Free Calls = Rs. 1299.00. And I took it within days.

Although coming down from 2mbps feels like crap. Also swap over to MTNL only if there aren't any issue's with there lines around ur area, ask a few friends around ur place since MTNL customer support is extreme useless and inefficient.

I even set up my own connection, I put in my own splitter, wires and modem.

yet these buggers charged me 200 or 500 for installtion :mad:

Back