AJAX ideas?

Hey guys,
This is for my final year project. I am not asking what AJAX is or where can I learn etc. In fact, I've come up with a rudimentary problem statement, a travel portal. I wanted to know if you guys could hit me with ideas(problem statements) that are something out of the box(as in not just a website that uses a whole bunch of AJAX patterns). I know one must choose a problem statement first and then go about seeing which tool/programming language best helps him/her solve the problem. But what the hell this is VTU, up is down here :p

BTW I haven't got loads of experience coding AJAX applications, but pretty much been through professional AJAX text as part of my 7th sem elective. And secondly, I have allowed my team(3 pairs of programming hands) about 40 days to complete the project.

Travel website as final year project, no offense but you are going to show 4 years of your eng. with this ?

anyways travel website and ajax hmm..

Just a few ideas that i can give...

-Give users the weather information of the place they are heading to ( grab from accu weather)

- give 3-4 news latest news item of the visiting area.

- give top 3 hotels as suggestion for those areas.

-many more..

btw ajax is not some cool shit is just JS thats it ( use jQuery as your framework for choice ).

i will keep on adding as i get time :)

Back