Alcatel NRG Sports phone : bluetooth 2.0 + 1.3 mpx cam + mem upto 2gb + Motion Sensor

raymasky

Disciple
I was hunting for a cheap backup phone when i came across this little gem.

Alcatel NRG Sports Mobile Price - Buy Alcatel NRG Sports Mobile at Lowest Price in India

Doesnt get better than this . And at a price point of Rs.1599 - Rs.1730 (depending on where you live) , looks like its a steal. where else do you get a phone with a 1.3mpx cam + bluetooth 2.0 + Torch + GPRS and a motion sensor for under 2k ? Am gonna buy one as a backup phone just in case something happens to my Spica. Looks like they slashed the price just today , and no idea for how long the deal is on. So grab yours fast. :hap2:

Re: Alcatel NRG Sports phone : bluetooth 2.0 + 1.3 mpx cam + mem upto 2gb + Motion Se

I liked the phone so much i am going to buy it in a week!

i saw it in mobile store in ahmedabad - it costs 1600rs with a 1gb memory card. build quality is good and feels surprisingly solid and good to hold. the screen is clear and it comes with one year warranty. sadly no 3.5mm jack it comes with a mini usb port for charging and handsfree.

http://cgi.ebay.in/Alcatel-OT-i650-...ile_Phones&hash=item1e5c1b84dd#ht_14829wt_911

Re: Alcatel NRG Sports phone : bluetooth 2.0 + 1.3 mpx cam + mem upto 2gb + Motion Se

^^ How is the keypad...I mainly bought it as a rough and tough backup phone and for FM, sms, basic calls and torch facility. Is the body made of full rubber which is what it seems from the pics

Bought it for 1080(1200-15% off) shipped as the ebay seller gave me a special offer for informing the mobile store price of :D:D

Abt the 3.5mm headset...we can easily get a miniUSN to 3.5mm stereo adapter in the market for arnd 70-80 bucks

^^ Nice phone. Which seller did you get it from? I want one too.

Supra said:
^^ How is the keypad.... Is the body made of full rubber which is what it seems from the pics
Hope you received yours by now, so will you please answer your earlier question. :)

My phone has been shipped today. I can give my views over the weekend.

Hope you received yours by now, so will you please answer your earlier question.

Its rubber coated on the keypad as well as in the backpanel....feels quite good. Keypad is not as good as say in a Nokia. Some key orientations like space bar etc is different ....so will be a bit of a issue if 2 phones are used at the same time.

A2DP, GPRS, bluetooth, pairing with PC works fine. Music player is antique....but sound as well as voice quality is decent for a phone like this. Bundled headphones are crap...getting a 5 pin mini USB to 3.5mm adapter for the same. A2DP using Dell BH200 SQ is quite good for ocassional FM radio or music.

Camera is as worse as it gets and only for contact pics or ocassional urgent needs...best thing is the bright LED on the top of the mobile which is quite asthetic to look as well.

Also the homescreen supports setting gifs as wallpapers. Also shake control works fine wherein you can mute a call, snooze an alarm, change wallaper, next track , next station just by a shake :)

All in all I am sure I wont get a phone like this for 1.5k even in the next 1 year to come :D

no cdma version? :(

i want to buy one for my mom ^^

Supra said:
Its rubber coated on the keypad as well as in the backpanel....feels quite good. Keypad is not as good as say in a Nokia. Some key orientations like space bar etc is different ....so will be a bit of a issue if 2 phones are used at the same time.
A2DP, GPRS, bluetooth, pairing with PC works fine. Music player is antique....but sound as well as voice quality is decent for a phone like this. Bundled headphones are crap...getting a 5 pin mini USB to 3.5mm adapter for the same. A2DP using Dell BH200 SQ is quite good for ocassional FM radio or music.
Camera is as worse as it gets and only for contact pics or ocassional urgent needs...best thing is the bright LED on the top of the mobile which is quite asthetic to look as well.

Also the homescreen supports setting gifs as wallpapers. Also shake control works fine wherein you can mute a call, snooze an alarm, change wallaper, next track , next station just by a shake :)
All in all I am sure I wont get a phone like this for 1.5k even in the next 1 year to come :D
Nice review but lacks Pics in action ... post pics... pics.... pics.... :)

Also want to buy 1 for my sis... link pls.... do me PM ;)

I will try to post a show off on saturday :p

varkey said:
Thanks Supra for the mini review. :)

eBay India: Alcatel OT i650 Pro Mobile Phone - 1yr National Warrany (item 290440612130 end time 30-Jun-2010 11:29:30 IST)

This seller offered the phone alongwith a 2 GB memory card for the same price. Asked him to reduce the price instead of the memory card. Lets see what he says! :)
Give him TE reference & ask to reduce the price for TE members (spacial case) :) more advertise here may convert good sale for him too

Yes give him reference of TE and tell him that his sales will sky rocket if he can reduce its price further.

@varkey----Better just walk into a mobile store and get the phone for 1.6k with a 1GB card free. That way you can get the color of your preference also.May be just bargain with them to give a 2GB :p

Supra said:
@varkey----Better just walk into a mobile store and get the phone for 1.6k with a 1GB card free. That way you can get the color of your preference also.May be just bargain with them to give a 2GB :p
But the rates across cities are different. In your case in Bangalore it is 1.6k while the same in store price is 1729 in Pune / Mumbai.

I have contacted the seller and gave the thread link too, waiting for his reply. :)

Supra - Would prefer buying from eBay, can pay using CC and also has EMI option and with coupon it will be less than Mobile Store price. Last time I bought a phone from Mobile Store they asked for extra charges for using CC.

Any views about motion sensor? Can we play games like in that Akshay Kumar adv. ?

How is the gaming experience?

Even i'm thinking to buy one as a backup phone, went to alfa and nearly 20-25 shops, but not avail any were, when i asked alfa guys they said alcatel, sorry we do not deal in chinese phone...

I guess the only option is to buy from ebay, can anyone post a link which has the best offer ATM, and any coupons which we can use..

Back