Laptops Alienware M14x Game Lag in battery mode :(

Sylar

Disciple
Hey guyz i bought a new Alienware M14x (got it frm US)
top most Built what i could find on their US site.

i7 2860 2.5Ghz
8Gb ram 1600
500Gb hdd
Nvidia 555 3GB
It rips apart high end Game no Question about it, but when i put it on Battery mode (unplugged) The game instantaneously starts to LAG, FPS drop big time.

plz help me with it, i shall be highly thankful.

Re: Plz help, Alienware M14x Game Lag in battery mode... :(

It happens with all laptops, infact its due to the power plans. You can modify the power plans so that even at battery, the PCIE devices, proccy and hdd runs at full throttle. Go to windows power options and modify the plan. But doing so could drain your battery 3~4x faster.

As said, just change the power options in windows. Edit plan settings > Change advanced power settings > Select Performance mode.

But gaming while on battery isnt advisable as it can shorted the battery lifespan as well.

if u want to plan to play games without charge the battery might reduce the life very fast due to higher consumer power rating so they laptop dont have enough juice to run the battery less 30 min at full 100% charge it so i suggest if u need more battery life u need to purchase 12 or 16 cell or and extra battery package that might be more heavy :p

Oo i m sorry i have already tried that for to write it though.

I changed the power settings as soon I felt this issue,

But no use at all.

I m so confused and sad... :'(

Happens with all laptops, gaming and otherwise when running resource intensive application.

I kinda Know that much.. :p

I really dont know y,

but the thing is whats the point of having a laptop for gaming if u always have to keep it plugged in. ?? :s

is there another way to extend the battery life , or a new battery or maybe a external batter which i can keep inside my laptop Bag ???

It is not possible to remove power management as it is bulit into the bios.

If you really want the feature of full graphic power on battery.

Search and flash A.01 bios of the m14x....

What the heck will that bios do, let me customize the clock speeds ?

Sylar said:
I kinda Know that much.. :p
I really dont know y,
but the thing is whats the point of having a laptop for gaming if u always have to keep it plugged in. ?? :s

is there another way to extend the battery life , or a new battery or maybe a external batter which i can keep inside my laptop Bag ???
There an option to carry around a fully charged UPS inside a backpack :p

btw, BIOS doesnt have anything to do with it. Well there are options to flash GPU BIOS for changing clocks at each 'Power Profiles' like low performance 2D, low perf 3D, high perf 3D etc.. there might be some 8~12 profiles. But It ll void the warranty, and wont actually help in this situation as you can never draw more power from a battery that it can actually output. And drawing in a fast rate will drain it even more faster that it should (lowering the battery efficiency).

Sylar said:
What the heck will that bios do, let me customize the clock speeds ?

No that old bios can turn off the power management feature of the graphic card.

I too have a m14x....

Check nbr forums for more help in this regard

Back