PC Peripherals All the benq 1640's in the house, put ur hands up in the air !

as the title says " All the benq 1640's in the house, put ur hands up in the air ! ....... jus wanna see how popular this b**ch is ..... :eek:hyeah: . I just got one today ,

count = 1 , guys increment it as u post .

mods shift it to chatterbits if u find it inapropriate here .

i dont have it in my hands as yet , i paid 3550/- for the black one , the white one was for 3450/- , i had called up computer selection at Lamington and he gave me these prices , called my local dealer , brain fugged him a lil and hez giving me the same for 3550/- black , home delivered.

about the warranty , its 2 years and you dont have to take it to the service center , u can give it to your computer dealer , who wud then route it accordingly .

and about the count , AFAIK sunny's got one , and therz appolyon , techhead , wraith and me , so that makes it 5.

count = 5 .

i too paid advance......at comp selection.......my dealer....there is no comp dealer in my area.......hav a frnd in neighbouring building.....damn cheater...was giving another frnd a combo drive for 2.85k...it cost ard 2k.to 2.2k i guess.......
was going to get it today....but was busy installing comp so that can copy files to new disc and give resent disc at servcie centre...so will get it by tomm.......
shop will remain open till 6pm on rakhi

I have one too.. Got it in July 1st Week from a friend who came from abroad.

Black Dw 1640 : stock Firmware BSHB May 2005 Made in China Retail.

Currently using Firmware BSKB with Qsuite. Just managed to write my ultra cheapo 4x media @ 12x!

Sunny and Jimmy, both of have tried Overspeed burning on the 1640. Could u both post SS of Nero CD-DVD Speed - Disc Quality scanning @ 8x of the overspeeded discs ? That would ascertain the quality of the burn.

I have just now come back from Computer Selection with a Black BENQ 1640 drive. Same price 3550/-. They had only one piece which they had reserved for someone against a confirmed order - I said that was for me and took the drive and RAN !!!! :)

Eazy said:
I have just now come back from Computer Selection with a Black BENQ 1640 drive. Same price 3550/-. They had only one piece which they had reserved for someone against a confirmed order - I said that was for me and took the drive and RAN !!!! :)

that confirmed order was mine .....hehe ....anyway i got my drive from my local vendor :p

Here's one scan:
Maxell +R 8X, oversped to 12X

Attachments

• BENQ____DVD_DD_DW1640_BSKB_18-August-2005_23_05.png
    BENQ____DVD_DD_DW1640_BSKB_18-August-2005_23_05.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 112
Yeah, seems like that just convinced me to buy one :p ! The 1640 seems to be an awesome drive if it can overspeed a burn with that amount of consistency !

Back