Budget 51-70k Allround PC (Multimedia/Gaming/Programming)

tobasko

Disciple
Hi everybody,

I already postet a thread one month ago and got told to wait for the new GTX 660 Ti. I made up my mind again and hope you can give me some advice.

Questions

Q: What is your budget?
~ 1300k $

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

none

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

none

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

CPU - Intel i5 3570k

Motherboard - ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Intel Z77

GPU - GeForce GTX 660 Ti

RAM - 8GB G.Skill Ares DDR3-1600 DIMM CL9 Dual Kit

HDD - Vertex4 128 GB SSD

CPU Cooler - Arctic Cooling Arctic Freezer 13 Pro CO

Drive - LG BluRay Burner

Power Supply - No idea yet

Case - No idea yet

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

I don't think I want to upgrade in the near future.

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Mindfactory.de (a german online shop)

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Browsing
Programming
Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
No

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Older games like Counterstrike or LOL and I also want to be able to the newest games.

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Gaming - 1280x728
Desktop - 1440x900

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
Yes.

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit

It would be cool if you could give me advice about the hardware I chose, if it fits well together for exmaple. And I also need your advice on a good power supply and case. I am looking forward to your help.

Many thanks in advance.

Tobi

Hi and welcome again to TE @tobasko .... just two things to sort

1] Where are you from (as you have stated your budget in $$$) & are you a permanent resident of that place.
2] You have mentioned a German Hardware, Notebooks & Software von Mindfactory.de site for sourcing (all) your components - Is that Right ?

Reasons - Just in case any particular part has to be exchanged or RMA then it's gotta be easy for you :)
Lastly - we may need time to check from the above site if other options exist (as compared to the usual brands/model nos that are available in India & what is recommended on TE)

Errr lastly - all prices at the above site are mentioned in Euro's - now what's the conversion rate in INR?

Cheers

terry

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Terry,

thank you!
I am German and live in Germany. Not sure why i listed my budget in $, I guess I thought it would be easier for you to convert. ^^
Yes right, there are some other German online shops but I didn't look too much into them. I think Mindfactory is pretty nice.

Ah alright, I understand. The conversion rate is 1 € = ~ 70 INR.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Tobi

Well Tobi here goes

Motherboard : Do not go for the "ASRock Z77 Extreme4" as some of these boards have memory issues (non-functioning RAM slots due to a problem with the CPU socket pins)..... Google Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, (memory Error 55 )
This is what you could opt for
  • Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H ..... same price as the above [a few additional ports than the one listed below] - board is black in color
  • Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H ..... A LOT CHEAPER and very good - board is blue in color
  • Asus P8Z77-V-PRO - with wi-fi & not the Thunderbolt version

RAM
- Very Good choice the G.Skill Ares series (you can go for a total of 16GB) - as these have the lowest heighted heat spreaders and will never cause any problems for any cpu-cooler that you chose.

Oh dear, I am having problems navigating through the website (to check availability) as I do not know German:(

However, this is what about

Power Supply : Seasonic > Corsair > CoolerMaster - 650W or 750W would suffice & you can chose between Fully Modular or Non Modular

Others will tell you whether the 660 Ti is really worth the price as compared to ATI

Cheers

Terry

An Afterthought: After going through much of the website that you quoted, I have come across so many Brands & Model's (in Cabinets/Fans/Monitors/Cooling Devices etc) that are not available to us in India. Hence I am in no position to take a call and suggest the best options as some of them may be better in performance than the one's I may list.

Okay cool, thanks for the recommendation of the Gigabyte motherboard.
Hehe yes it must be hard for you, but I really appreciate your effort. :D

I found a Seasonic Modular 660W power supply for 9.000 INR, should be okay or?

Choosing a case is really difficult for me. I really don't know what to look for, all I know is that I don't want to spend more than 7.000 INR for it. Or do you think this is too little?

@tobasko Go for this-
Intel i5 3570K-15k
Asus P8Z77M-PRO-12.5k OR Asus Maximus V Gene-15.5k
Gkill RijpawsX OR Corsair Vengeance 2X4Gb 1600mhz-3.5k
Sapphire/MSi HD7870-24k OR Msi/Zotac GTX660Ti-24k
Corsair TX750W-6.4k
Corsair 400R-5k
OCZ Vertex 4 128GB-8.5k
Noctua NH U12P SE2-4k OR Thermalright Silver Arrow-4.5k[If you think Arctic Cooling Cooler is better then get that]
Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay cool, thanks for the recommendation of the Gigabyte motherboard.

Hehe yes it must be hard for you, but I really appreciate your effort. :D

I found a Seasonic Modular 660W power supply for 9.000 INR, should be okay or?

Choosing a case is really difficult for me. I really don't know what to look for, all I know is that I don't want to spend more than 7.000 INR for it. Or do you think this is too little?

Well, the Seasonic SS-660-KM Gold is around 1000 INR cheaper out here :yahoo: ...... rest assured it's the best.

Regarding a Case ("Gehause" is it:) ) - it all depend's upon your needs [mini/mid/tower/htpc ] -
fully metal/aluminium builds are the best (but also the heaviest). So some amount of plastic would be acceptable (also brings down the costs for the manufacturer's). Here in India - most of us would spend anywhere from 5000 to 10000 INR on a case (if our overall budget is 70K +/-)

- What to look for in a case
It should also have good-air flow (very important) +
Front side usb 3.0 ports a must.
CPU Cooler should fit in comfortably
GPU should also fit in comfortably
How many Hard-Disk's would you need/add later - so those many slots
Planning for extra any 5.25" devices (apart from DVD/Blu-ray; Sound Card panel; Temperature/Fan-speed monitor or controller) - so those slots
If your case comes with ONLY 2/3 fans - would you want to add more later (140mm is better than 120mm)
Do you wish for great looks (like having a transparent side-window & designer casing)
Size - check out the dimensions of whatever you chose (if it's ok for your desk-top at home)
Inside - Fixed or Detachable racks (for HDD's) - eg. if you want to fit in an extra-large GPU card then one rack (having 3/4 HDD trays can be removed/shifted)
Dust mesh - is it easily detachable for cleaning

You have a crazy lot of Brands available in Germany (and most of us are just not familiar with them) ..... all picked from the website that you wish to buy from - Chieftec; Sharkoon; Raidmax; Fractal; Rasurbo; Techsolo; Cooltek; JCP; Hanjung; Inter-Tech; nox Hummer; Xilence; Aerocool..... wow Man, I wish, wish I could get my case from Germany ;)

Come up with 2/3 options and then (maybe) we could guide you. Because - there may be hidden gems in those brands........ (do not pick those with a built-in power supply, i.e midi tower mit NT)

Lastly - which city in Germany are you from ? What are the ambient/average temperatures (degrees centigrade) indoors ? Is your home in a dusty/windy/normal environment?

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT: I just ran a check for Cabinets from 80-130 Euros and have come up with 80 cabinets !!!! (from the most expensive > least )
http://www.mindfactory.de/Hardware/...hne+NT.html/price_from/80/price_to/130/page/1

wow ....

Back