Almost a DSLR.....

Imagine

Disciple
Feb 26, 2005
Dont worry guys its not another S3IS :p

well i almost bought the S3IS... but in the last minute i found the FZ50 and went arnd reading the reviews and finally decided to get it even though its a lil above my budget.

Its been a mnth and i am really satisfied with it and never felt i shd have got the S3IS :hap2: :hap2:

Really got addicted to the SLR style shooting... only problem with this is the Manual Zoom... Due to the EVF it takes time to get the exact focus u want... other than that no probs...

here are the pics...

nukeu666

Skilled
Dec 19, 2006
doesn't this have an intelligent ISO thingamajigy?

and why doesnt anyone write the price on the first post on showoff section :p

Imagine

Disciple
Feb 26, 2005
Total damage is arnd 800CHF, roughly converts to 29kINR including the 2GB extreme III SD card and the polarising lens...
Ya the higher ISO sucks on this one, never went above ISO100 since i dont dont roam arnd at nights :p
It has the Intelligent ISO setting but i didnt find it soo intelligent... i prefer manually setting the camera...

Will post pics in couple of days... and thanks for the comments :D

Chaos

Skilled
Jan 29, 2005
Imagine said:
Total damage is arnd 800CHF, roughly converts to 29kINR including the 2GB extreme III SD card and the polarising lens...
Ya the higher ISO sucks on this one, never went above ISO100 since i dont dont roam arnd at nights :p
It has the Intelligent ISO setting but i didnt find it soo intelligent... i prefer manually setting the camera...

Well all point and shoots with 1/1.8" or 1/2.5" sensors suck in low light. Nothing new about it. A DSLR's ISO 1600 is a point and shoot's ISO 200 or 400. What I like about this camera over the s3is and stuff is its shape, easy access manual controls and the manual zoom and focus ring. This is a way way better photography tool than s3 is.

Anish

Skilled
May 9, 2005
Goa, India.
www.anishsood.com
Imagine said:

I think you would have got a 350D + Kit Lens + 50mm f/1.8 for that price ;)

Imagine

Disciple
Feb 26, 2005
Anish said:
I think you would have got a 350D + Kit Lens + 50mm f/1.8 for that price ;)

Ya but right now i cant buy an SLR since i travel a lot and i dont want to carry arnd 2Kg camera and also i wanted 12X Zoom for sports photography and over that i need to recoed movies sometimes...

Anyways i am thinking if i get serious abt photography i will buy the 40D when its out :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah: